April 29, 2024, 12:03:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25250 times)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Re: Release Date
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 01:58:01 pm »
Dugh

I agree wiv' my bruvver. dem scales are really scary .

Berlin School aficionados seem very small in number, Jarre is not one at all, Red Shift seem to be, it seems to be a matter of judgement.

Shall we start a definition of Berlin School style, maybe make a dance to it , call it Berlin school style!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 02:42:53 pm »
I think TD did invent Berlin School of Electronic Music and I also think they pushed its evolution...
Indeed. IMO few bands have had such an evolution without really breaking away from their own essence.

You can hum a TD tune but that's not so easy with other performer's music. I wonder if this reflects Froese's background in the use of guitar?
Could be. That and his piano playing. I think Edgar Froese was a magical melody master, as evidenced by hos solo albums. Just listen to Stuntman, a true masterpiece. Also, on the lesser known Kamikaze 1989 album, the melody on Police Disco is perhaps the most goose bump inducing ever for me.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 04:10:04 pm »
Pestered GAK again.
Small number of MB's to be released in 1-2 weeks. ::)

DrAS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 04:53:52 pm »
DrAS, considering the MB?
NO!  It only plays one note at a time! Now if they released the matrix bit as a stand alone.....

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2017, 12:28:10 am »
Actually DrAS three notes at time, fancy one now?

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2017, 09:45:24 am »
Hi there. I'm just wishing that arturia pull their finger out and send me my matrixbrute! It's been nearly a year since I ordered one.
They shouldn't be allowed to sell things if it's not even ready for production :(
I have many times debated buying something else rather then waiting for this synth to be sent to me. This feeling has grown now even more as on the arturia website they have put the date of shipping back again to the end of Feb :(
I'm tired of waiting now arturia. Get it together or risk losing lots of business.

DrAS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:55 am »
Why didn't you all just wait until it was actually released?  It would stop all the hand-wringing and sleepless nights and may have made Arturia pull their collective fingers  out (they only use three at a time it seems) since they don't make any money until they're shifting their machines off the shelves.

I remember my poor brother losing sleep waiting for his Subphatty and I saw them for sale in Dawsons only yesterday (his gathers dust now, by the way).

As Spock once said, "Sometimes wanting is better than having".......

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »
He is right!  The sub 37 is hardly used now, the joy is in the  chase , as said by the great philosopher , Alan Braithwaite just after the police caught him.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2017, 05:03:29 pm »
I wonder if quality control is the issue slowing production. The production rate seems to be 20/month , similar to Sub 37 production rates

It would be interesting to see how many botch jumper wires are on the circuit boards.

This is usually a sign of design issues  , components not being up to spec , or production issues.

Will anyone be brave enough to open their MB  to count the botch wires?

I suspect not,  once you have one you will not care about the rest of us with our noses against the window.  :'(

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
The joy is having a synth to play not in the chase so you say! And if I had a sub 37 it would be used everyday.
Also when I ordered the MB Dawson's music was saying it was available in a week. Now it's 10 months later and still nothing.
They shouldn't be allowed to sell it if it's not ready or at least tell the customer on these music sites a real eta not utter BS.
Also it p****s me off that some people on this site have got theirs already and they haven't had theirs on order for as long as me :(

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Surgery hours and out of hours commitments prevent me from using my gear as much as I want. There is always some one who is ill!

When I get a chance to have  a go, it has been so long since my last go I have to get the manual out if I can find it!

I plan to just focus on my MB

lensflare

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • https://soundcloud.com/lensflare-564296261
    • Lensflare Soundcloud
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2017, 01:06:04 pm »
HI guys,

from Italy here.

after cancelling order from Thomann (delivery half March) and Music Store (end of February) I just got mine yesterday in an unexpected way, since I saw a shop in Rome having one for demonstration, and the guy told me that they had one (only one) for selling.
from yesterday, I have my MatrixBrute in the studio!

it's... unbelievable.
try modulating pitch between VCO 1&2 with some adds.. it sounds like hell!

I'm loving it as I never thought!
www.lensflare.it
 "Our Planet - Gaia, Mother Earth - is a Living being and all life forms are her offspring"

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2017, 02:27:18 pm »
Well done Lensflare you are a lucky person indeed!

I now wonder if there is a protocol here ?

I paid my deposit many months ago.

Arturia have me in their pocket ok?

You went in as a not commited customer.

So you get one immediatly  :o

Arturia get a sale they may have missed out on and I am still low on the list :-X

I would like a little loyalty to those with an order in place.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »
HI guys,

from Italy here.

after cancelling order from Thomann (delivery half March) and Music Store (end of February) I just got mine yesterday in an unexpected way, since I saw a shop in Rome having one for demonstration, and the guy told me that they had one (only one) for selling.
from yesterday, I have my MatrixBrute in the studio!

it's... unbelievable.
try modulating pitch between VCO 1&2 with some adds.. it sounds like hell!

I'm loving it as I never thought!
Congrats! :)

Would the shop be this one? If so they have more in stock...

The Spanish shop linked to previously has one (or more?) in stock, German Laconic Records who had it in stock are getting 1 or 2 more this week they say. So it's becoming available in 'random' shops and on eBay, while the most enthusiastic and supportive customers with pre-orders aren't seeing anything, presumably for a good while yet - not sure if that's a good strategy for the roll out, even if it will be a happy day when it finally arrives and all that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:18:33 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2017, 05:40:54 pm »
Calling Arturia. 

May we have some feedback on this matter please. Just some explanation and perhaps consolation.

I do feel quite hurt 😭, like being stood up on a date

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines