April 29, 2024, 10:08:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25244 times)

Reaktiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Release Date
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2017, 08:58:35 pm »
Hello all,
I join the conversation, as I am also concerned by the resellers delays issue. I am glad to know that theres lots of matrixbrutes coming out from assembly lines but the problem is that I ordered on 6th of january in a big online reseller here in France: they first announced delivery starts on 3rd of february and today I just noticed that they postponed it to the 24th of february ! Kind of a big deception ... I understand that preorders come first but almost 2 months is a very long time, next time I ll prefer small resellers, with better service and advices, and physical stocks! Not virtual ones...
You give them money in advance and you have to wait till they get their stock. Thats not fair business .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:00:19 pm by Reaktiv »
soundcloud.com/reaktiv1979

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:19 am »
Agreed Reaktiv. The date they give is always put back so expect your 2 months wait to go on alot longer. Join the queue with the rest of us and maybe in 2017 we might get some more promotional videos to watch of the MB!!! Because I seriously think that's all were gonna get ;)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2017, 04:40:09 am »
Good news for our US friends: GigaSonic in the US have MatrixBrutes in stock here. More than 10 available according to their eBay listing. Also starting to appear in stock in several other shops.

So it's becoming available in numbers even across the pond, but seemingly none are even close to finding their way to Thomann, the recommended place for pre-orders. I'm not going to make the obvious comment... :-X ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:07:09 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2017, 10:49:44 am »
I share you disappointment Dr.Justice, The US is THE  most important country in the world and THE biggest market.

So who can blame Arturia for following the money/orders, I now understand why my MB has not been delivered and blame the retailer for hanging on to my deposit. 

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2017, 04:40:51 pm »
I'd think there's plenty of money/orders closer to home. Thomann had a turnover of $648M in 2013 vs Sweetwater with $353M in 2014. I.e. Thomann now probably has close to twice the turnover of Sweetwater, and they have more than 8 million customers in umpteen countries. Only Guitar Center is bigger.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2017, 05:05:00 pm »
America is bigger and of course NAMM blows all else out de water ;D

Glen:)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2017, 07:16:32 pm »
Just checked online. It says Dawson's music have the MB in stock ready for dispatch. Still not got mine which I ordered from dawsons :(
Grrrrrr :(:(

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2017, 10:41:46 pm »
However this issue is a real concern and it has been raised to our sales team. I must admit that with Namm show going on I am not sure how fast we can get an answer to it.
Any news from the sales team?

I spoke to Thomann today, the latest news is "If we get the units as announced, we should get your MatrixBrute end of February.". That's an improvement from mid March, but based on the history, that may not mean much. Steadily more people getting are theirs from walking into random shops and even on eBay.

Arturia specifically recommended me and others to place pre-orders with Thomann, so at this point some kind of effort is needed to make that recommendation meaningful.

Edit: If not for the Thomann recommendation I'd shut up and get it from somewhere else, but I'm already on my second pre-order as I had to move it from my local preferred retailer who are denied selling Arturia products on the grounds of not having a shop floor with demo units on display.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:50:36 pm by DrJustice »

MBLarryH

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2017, 05:03:45 pm »
Thanks DrJustice. I saw your post Fri morning 1-20. Went to website and ordered a Matrix by 7am. All 10 were gone by Sat. morning. I just received mine last evening (1 week wait, not bad). For the last few months I have been checking at 10 different retailers, all were waiting for shipment, wonder how Gigasonic (California) got 10 in ? Oh well, I guess by March things will be in stock everywhere.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »
MUSIC STORE professional GmbH has recently bumped the date to April 22, 2017. While not quite on the scale of Thomann they are a very large retailer. 

However this issue is a real concern and it has been raised to our sales team. I must admit that with Namm show going on I am not sure how fast we can get an answer to it.

If a similar bump is to be expected for Thomann, I will probably cancel my pre-order there and move on, perhaps getting the MB from one of the many smaller shops with the synth in stock.  I therefore have to ask again: is there any news from the sales team?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2017, 06:31:20 pm »
BUMP!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2017, 09:34:39 pm »
And the saga continues:

Thomann's date for today is March 10...

Again, although I have a feeling they don't give a rat's arse:

@Arturia - what are the sales people saying??? This is Thomann for Pete's sake!

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »
Let me join the conversation and give you some feedback about shipping dates in Germany (I am sure things are the same in other EU countries).
Thomann and Music Store have both received a bunch of units in January, and so have some of the smaller shops. Considering the size of shops like Music Store and Thomann (and Just Musc and Session Music and Hieber-Lindberg and so on), the list of pre-orders is probably quite long.

So if Music Store or Thomann (or any shop) changes the "date of availability" from February to March, it does NOT indicate that they will get the first or next units in March. It only indicates, that NEW orders will PROBABLY ship in March (they might be shipping sooner than that).
German shops (including Music Store and Thomann) will get units in February and will be able to process their list of pre-orders in February.

The reason why you see some users receiving a MatrixBrute while the "lights" are still red in the shop's product page is that Arturia is shipping in small batches and they are trying to cover many countries at once. So there are a bunch of units in the UK and some in France and some in Asia and some in the States and some in Germany and some in Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain ...

But since Arturia could ramp up the production (units build per day), more units coming in fast now and I assume that the situation will be getting much more relaxed during February and March.

"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2017, 05:27:16 pm »
Thank you for your thoughts, tomeso! :)

IMO there has been a misjudgement in the distribution priority. The obvious big sellers who have had it announced for a year and taking lots of pre-orders, should have gotten a lot more units to be able to fulfill orders, whereas "mom & pop" shops in "remote areas" relying on casual pick up might as well have gotten less. Giving out recommendations to place pre-orders with Thomann was clearly not a good idea. Oh well, I guess it's too late in the process to address it now.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2017, 05:41:28 pm »
Well, the "big players" for sure got more units than "mom & pop" but you should concider this:
If a small dealer gets 5 units and has a list of 3 pre-orders, the light will go green in his webshop. This is true even if he receives only one unit but has not taken any pre-orders.
If a large dealer will get 100 units and has 105 pre-orders, the light will still stay red.
It has always been like that and there is not a lot Arturia or a distributor can do about.
But as I mentioned earlier, things are moving forward now and I am sure you will get your MatrixBrute soon.  ;)
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines