April 29, 2024, 04:58:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Release Date  (Read 25266 times)

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
Re: Release Date
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 01:46:52 pm »
It will come .........It will come

But mine will come 1st  ;D

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 04:03:16 am »
Why faff around with pre-orders... Kind of a good sign.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2017, 06:07:37 pm »
Hey Dr J , you gonna bite ?
with a risk of your order goin for a  smite
or you gonna bide your time , by stayin in line!

Not bad for a 60 year old!

Have I a career as a rapper?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2017, 07:13:41 pm »
I'm in two minds about it... And by the time I've come to any sort of conclusion, it'll be gone :-\

BTW, found the 'physical' shop here.

Oh, and I think you'd better stay with Berlin School & Prog, mate ;D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:17:03 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2017, 08:37:34 pm »
Did Tangerine Dream invent the Berlin School style?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »
In my mind Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze are the origins of Berlin School. But then again, I'm disposed towards attributing the origin of the universe to TD/KS... Amongst others it might be a potential subject for heated debates. What do you reckon?

How come nobody has picked up that MB yet?!

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »
TD are synth Gods, ran into them in Manchester in the 1980's , Chris Frank asked for any good pubs, suggested the White Horse in Didsbury.

He recognised  me screaming like a girl  at the Apollo  ??? and pointed at me.

Franke is my favourite, he has a knack with sequencers.

I have my name on the waiting list for the Cirklon , 7 months so far , probable delivery in June!
http://www.sequentix.com/cirklon.htm
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:14:47 pm by DrAKS »

DrAS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 10:20:54 pm »
TD are synth Gods, ran into them in Manchester in the 1980's , Chris Frank asked for any good pubs, suggested the White Horse in Didsbury.

He recognised  me screaming like a girl  at the Apollo  ??? and pointed at me.

Franke is my favourite, he has a knack with sequencers.
I was with DrAKS, him being my brother, and I rang him to tell him to get his backside down to Piccadilly as Froese and Franke were walking around and I'd chatted to them!! We talked to them in the foyer of what was then Lewis's. Froese didn't say much, Franke did and was happy to chat. Froese clearly couldn't wait to get away. After that night's gig, we managed to get back stage and chat some more, this time with Paul Haslinger too. My brother shook Froese's hand and said, I've always wanted to shake your hands" to which Froese quipped, " My name is not Hans, it is Edgar"! We didn't get it for a few seconds.....

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 10:40:11 pm »
DrAS, considering the MB?

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2017, 11:01:26 pm »
What's your take on the Berlin School DRAS/

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 12:16:59 am »
Wait.. what!? DrAS? Is that really you DrAKS? Sudden onset of schizophrenia? I hope not... In any case, it has become a friggin' doctors' convention here now  :P

Love the TD anecdote. I'd have to travel abroad to catch TD gigs, so it didn't happen until the "TD Plays Edgar Froese" -gig in Eindhoven 2008. Better late than never, even though my preferred TD period was with Froese and Franke and their companions. My biggest musical hero is Edgar Froese (RIP), so in a way that was the correct gig to catch.

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2017, 12:34:16 am »
DrJ , sorry to say we are all Docs in our family. Ancestral orders are followed from being infants, you'll be a doc , you'll be a pilot , you'll be a barrister , its' just Hindu Indian culture. Our line seem to like Medical Doctors, though my uncle is a Major in the Indian Army just for a change.

Do you think the book Edgar Faroese  started will ever be released (see TD website, I have had that on back order for months)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2017, 01:35:43 am »
Phew! OK, was worried for you for a moment there!

I've had the TD biography on order literally for years. There's now a message saying "FINAL RELEASE DATE: 6th JUNE 2017!!"... Always waiting for things, eh, MatrixBrutes, Biographies, Cirklons - at least we have something to look forward to!

In other news, I've made an inquiry about that (those?) MatrixBrute(s?) that appear to be in stock at Laconic Records. We'll see...

Edit:  One more IN STOCK! Get it by Wednesday, Jan. 18
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:39:46 pm by DrJustice »

DrAKS

• TD wannabe
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2017, 09:43:27 pm »
One thing DrAS and I expect in the next 10 days is a re-issue of the minute by minute apollo 11 flight plan! (Kickstarter)

Read whilst playing the real time full audio file from launch to splash down could be very informative.

I expect my MB in the next 2 weeks.

DrAS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2017, 01:48:09 pm »
What's your take on the Berlin School DRAS/
I think TD did invent Berlin School of Electronic Music and I also think they pushed its evolution along with their innovation with custom equipment such as sequencers and the whole PPG Wave synth idea.  I believe their feedback to PPG pushed the Wave synth design into areas a pure technician might not have thought about and the resultant machines pushed TD's musical development into areas no musician have gone before. What TD managed to do, in my opinion, was create a serious credible genre of music that lacked the frivolity of say Schulze's or Jarre's output.  Their music was almost always in a minor key, sometimes venturing into the modes (Phrygian, Phrygian dominant 5 etc) which gives it a fascinating sense of foreboding and what sets them apart from Schulze et al., is they added a strong melodic lead to their music, especially after Stratosphere- something lacking in other performers of the genre. You can hum a TD tune but that's not so easy with other performer's music. I wonder if this reflects Froese's background in the use of guitar?  The only other electronic band that has managed to do this is Redshift and their album 'Siren' is more TD than TD! A true masterpiece.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines