March 28, 2024, 09:34:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)  (Read 63991 times)

Emperor12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sequencer sync problem (BUG?)
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2015, 01:18:24 am »
To Arturias defense, the micro is still a very young product. No doubt there are a ton of bugs to work out in it still.

Interesting way of seeing things. I always thought that products were supposed to be tested BEFORE selling to people. I don't recallI singing up to be a guine pig. =)

Same problem here. STILL a useless synth in my studio. Ripped off.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:25:10 am by Emperor12 »

spaceinvaderstekno

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 02:06:28 am »
Hello guys,
we experienced this "issue" on live performance!! XD
Easy to manually "address this issue" switching "on sync" when in home/studio but hard on live performances.
I cut out MB after 15 mins of madness (i was alone, live, 5 machines midi/cv synced + mixer).
I guess the best and fastest way to address this one (and other ones) is to release MB source code on Github or similars.
Have a nice day folks!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:12:10 am by spaceinvaderstekno »

chimera

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2015, 04:12:14 am »
To Arturias defense, the micro is still a very young product. No doubt there are a ton of bugs to work out in it still.

Well more than one and a half years passed since you wrote this and Arturia still hadn't addressed the issue, I have all the latest firmware updates.
This is very disappointing, I think this is a very important and nobody seems to care. Customer support 0 points.
Arturia what are you waiting for?!

mmillerm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 07:42:52 pm »
I totally agree. Very disappointing and ridiculous that the issue has not been addressed or fixed yet. What the heck is going on?

chisel316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 11:47:08 pm »
I opened a support ticket with Arturia and got this response:

> This behaviour seems to be inconsistent. I personally can almost never have it to start in sync when using it on USB !
>
> As a workaround, I add a -1 ms delay on the Midi track in Live and it allows the sequencer to start on time. But I do not know any other way on other software / devices.
>
> That said, this bug is listed as confirmed in our database (I just checked) and it will be fixed in the future along with a few other bugs. I cannot give any fixed date though...

So basically the tech support person can't even get his own MicroBrute to sync!!  I replied with a link to this thread so they're aware that there are many of us having this issue.

Peace \/
chisel316

Mister36

• Apprentice
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 01:26:45 pm »
New Microbrute owner/user. Same problem experienced here. It's one of very few issues with the Microbrute I've come across so far (which is good), but this is still a pretty significant problem. Hope a fix will be soon (I realise it's already been years though)...

nashspacerocket

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 12:52:02 am »
i'm wondering if there's another reason for not addressing this problem.
it's pish simple to  change the firmware code to support start/stop.
So i'm wondering if there's some hardware limitation that  they're not telling us about.
memory limitation or something??

chisel316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2015, 02:34:14 am »
My support ticket is still open.  I asked them for an update and they told me they don't have any news or ETA on when it will be fixed.

Peace \/
chisel316

foxtrotwhiskey9

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2015, 08:40:53 pm »
First time Arturia customer here and I've got this problem as well. Seeing that this is an acknowledged bug and nothing has been done or said about it for 2 years, my confidence in Arturia's commitment to quality and support is seriously diminished. I plan on avoiding Arturia products in the future. At least admit there is nothing that can be done due to some hardware fault or get a dev or two to write a small firmware update. Own up to your mistakes or fix them.

aglioaolio

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2015, 02:38:37 pm »
I'm afraid that only solution for today is to use CV gate in.
If you don't have any gear with CV gate output you can use a sound sample of trigger (i've recorded mine from roland tr-727). If you put this sample into a sequencer/DAW and asiggn it to another output than stereo you will be able to trigger your mircobrute sequencer.
E.g. I use MPC2500 for this. The sample is triggered through assignable output, so it can't be heared in stereo output of an MPC.

I've attached this CV trigger sample to this post so you can download it.
BE CAREFUL because playback of the sample can damage your speakers!

Still waiting for MIDI though:/

Chilldanny

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 06:49:29 pm »
I have created a petition (for what it's worth) about this ridiculous issue.
Please support and sign, and perhaps maybe we can get Arturia to fix it.  Thank you.

https://www.change.org/p/bruno-arturia-arturia-arturia-please-fix-the-microbrute-sequencer-midi-sync-issue?recruiter=467554114&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Congas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 10:24:53 am »
I bought mine last week and last night realised this issue -thanks for setting up the petition -it was driving me mad last night as the sequencer was one of the reasons I went for the  Microbrute

With no news on the fix, I am thinking about returning it

primvla

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2016, 08:49:00 am »
Duh, my sequencer stopped working completely... no matter what i do, reinstall firmware, choose whatever clock trigger (ext/int/auto ... clk/gate) in control software,... tempo is flashing and responding to rate knob but no sound comes out on play (yes, sequences are recorded), the green led left of pattern select remains unlit (on zero attack and full sustain). This decaying behavior is starting to worry me.

EDIT: Ok, maybe I was a bit trigger happy there... Oct Dn + Oct Up + Power On (factory reset) solved this particular issue. However, midi sync phase is still random (set by powering up MB).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:59:40 am by primvla »

Synthy_Dan

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »
To think more then 2 years later, and still no more light shed on the matter?! Its safe to say that Arturia DO NOT have a fix for this problem.

I bought a Micro this week, and after fiddling with it was rather impressed.

Until i decided to link it up with my DAW That is.

Same problem as everyone else.........Sequencer and LFO not syncing properly to Logic 9's Midi Clock. Tried every combination with no luck.

Trying to record the micro's audio whilst affecting it on the fly is near on impossible. One of the reasons i picked this.

Was originally going to buy the Arturia Hybrid Synth but read some rather dodgy posts on it being a bugger to work on a lot of systems. Typical i pick an Arturia product still, and have issues! FGS!!!

Its a shame to see they have blatently ignored all these people's pleas for an answer!  ??? I quite honestly cant believe the cheek of it. Once these companies have your pennies they couldnt give a toss about the products stability. Absolute bandits! Iv met pirates with more respect.

I guess they have the view that people will still buy there future products.

Luckily, I still have the choice of a refund (which a lot of your poor folks dont) so will be taking this back, and changing it for a minitaur or something similar.

And i will be signing the petition.

Arturia.....you suck
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:07:13 pm by Synthy_Dan »

softbase

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2016, 08:02:23 pm »
Well, I've signed the petition and Arturia won't be getting a single penny more from me until this is fixed.  Shame 'cos I like some of the new stuff they're doing, but if they're not willing support it, what's the point.

Very, very disappointed.  :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines