March 28, 2024, 11:03:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BUG: Resize feature does'nt work. Also resize open a save procedure - no resize.  (Read 6860 times)

LBH

The new great auto  resize feature does'nt work for AL3. Also resize open a save procedure  - no resize.

Perhaps all applications should be checked if both the new size features and and the size settings work correct.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:23:26 pm by LBH »

LBH

Can this be confirmed please?

LBH

I actually have reported this issue in march 2018: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92454.0

The resize features is a major part of the new update. So i wonder why it does'nt work now.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi LBH,

??? Strange issue ! Could you please tell me more about your issue ?
I don't have any problem resizing AL3 gui.
Could you tell me what you mean by save procedure ? Any screen shots ?
.......testing.......

LBH

Hi Ben,

When i try to resize, then this happens and windows open to pick a place for the bank.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Are you running on a 4k screen ?
.......testing.......

LBH

No on my main music PC it's 1920x1080 and on my laptop 1368x768. It's the same issue on both PCs.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Does this happens only in standalone or in a DAW ?
Did you try to remove the *.pref files in programdata/arturia/<VSTi>/tmp/ ?
This is a very strange issue...is it possible for you to make a video of the problem ? (LICEcap can make some nice gifs)
.......testing.......

LBH

The issue is both as standalone as in DAW VST3. Studio One 3 professionel. Windows 10.

"Did you try to remove the *.pref files in programdata/arturia/<VSTi>/tmp/ "
I'll try this tonight.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:52:54 pm by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
ok.
Please try to post a gif too.
Did you check your graphic driver ?
.......testing.......

LBH

Deleting all the prefs files did'nt help.

My graphics is updated.

I have other Arturia applications, where resize work.

It's strange the issue is with AL3 on 2 PCs. The fact i have the issue on both PCs made me think it was a generel common issue.

I attach a LiceCap video.

I can tell that it's not the same Bank AL3 wrongly try to eksport on the 2 PCs.

I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall AL3. The issue persist.

Hope this will help to get the issue solved.

EDIT:
One thing i wonder is, that even if i have reinstalled by following the directions in Arturias FAQ and deleted all the files in ProgramData etc, then the new install actually opens on 60% size on my laptop where i have tested this. That's not normal as far as i recall. So somehow the size setting variable is'nt deleted doing all this. Why not? Is it kept in Windows registration database? How to delete that if so? I did a restart of my PC before installing after the reinstall. And i have also tried to empty the trash before trying the same.

The plugin.pref xml file have this setting <param name="GUI Size" value="0.100000"/>. Which values will set which size?
If i change the value to 0.200000, then then the GUI size change to 70% for both the standalone and the plugin (VST3), but the issue persist, if i try to resize as before.
Perhaps 0.000000 is 50% and then one size up for each value after the "." ? Looks like it. But anyway -  the issue persist.

The xml variables are being changed when i set it to show legacy products, and when i disable the introduction.
To me it look like the resize menu is calling the wrong function.

BTW: How can i open the standalone pref file?
EDIT END
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:35:23 pm by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Hi LBH,
All the dev team here is really impressed by your bug... 8)
We really don't understand what's happening !
Something you can try is to set the OS in English instead of Danish...
Does it load export bank with all zoom ratio ?
What happens if you click on export bank ?
what happens if you click on legacy option ?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 12:07:48 pm by ben arturia »
.......testing.......

LBH

Hi Ben,

Yes if i'm the only one having this issue, then i'm impressed too. But also annoyed.

Everything but the resize work.
But the issue persist no matter what. Also both when legacy is on or off. After the reinstall i did'nt set legacy on before trying to resize.

I need to have the OS in Danish. It really should'nt matter- Why should it make a difference? Keep in mind that other VC6 applications work fine when resizing.

To me it simply look like the Resize is calling the Export Bank procedure. I can't see how this is possible, if it's not a generel bug. And yes it happens no matter which size i try to resize to.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Is it possible for you to test with the OS in English. This is the only similarity between your 2 computers that might explain your problem.
Once tested you can easily go back to danish. If you confirm the bug we will be able to spot where the problem comes from.
We already have a strange bug with OS in Danish in the past...so i'm a bit suspicious.
.......testing.......

LBH

I've tried downloading and installing US English thru Windows settings app.

I was hoping it worked, as that apparantly perhaps could have been given you an indication about where to look for the error. But the issue is the same with Windows 10 in US English.

I hope you find a solution.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:37:55 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines