April 27, 2024, 10:38:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V6 Upgrade.  (Read 32465 times)

jackn2mpu

Re: V6 Upgrade.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2017, 01:26:39 pm »
Today's Arturia newsletter says the current upgrade offer is "the best offer you will ever get" and that we should "treat" ourselves. So, basically a big FU to all their customers who are saying the upgrade is too expensive.

I will be treating myself, but not by giving my money to Arturia
Just got that email myself and almost did a spit-take with my morning Earl Grey and that would be a waste - just like spending money on this 'best offer ever'. My Christmas spending funds have gone to other developers who really care about their customers.

Arturia should take a page out of the book of Keilworth/Vengeance VPS who program the Avenger synth. Major synth upgrades and no charge. Actually I think there should be a charge for VC6 but NOT what Arturia is charging. Keilworth is a much smaller operation than Arturia and they do what they've been doing with Avenger? Arturia which is much bigger and has a larger customer base should be able to come close to that.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »
Ok,  here is my pledge to Arturia,  offer the V5 - V6 upgrade for 99 Euros (as that is what I have paid for all previous V-Collection upgrades) and I will buy it,  but at 199 Euros - it will never happen,

If enough people make the same pledge,  maybe Arturia will see what they are missing.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2017, 09:40:04 pm »
Ok,  here is my pledge to Arturia,  offer the V5 - V6 upgrade for 99 Euros (as that is what I have paid for all previous V-Collection upgrades) and I will buy it,  but at 199 Euros - it will never happen,

If enough people make the same pledge,  maybe Arturia will see what they are missing.
This is one pledge I am happy to make. To do otherwise would not be a good thing. Whether it's 99 Euros or $99 US I'd be on the VC6 upgrade in a heartbeat - otherwise - NO!
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

gregwalton42

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2017, 01:18:31 am »

I will take that pledge too, but Arturia will have to hurry because my money is yearning to go elsewhere

gruuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2017, 02:23:44 pm »
Arturia, make the VC5-to-VC6 upgrade €/US 99,00 and I will be in -  for €/US 199,00 I will not buy!

BurnettX360

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

Count me in on this one. I've been an Arturia Supporter since Jupiter-8V 1.0. Bought Spark VDM. Spark V2. The Oberheim SEM V. The Prophet V2 and then there's the upgrade to V Collection V4, next the upgrade to V Collection V5. And now I should shell another $199? I don't think so.

ggogos

• Apprentice
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2017, 06:34:07 pm »
Count me in on this pledge also. Owner since V4!

Archivist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2017, 09:37:28 pm »
I just wanted to add my voice to the call to price the upgrade at a more competitive price.

199 euro for this plus/or £189 for update to ableton 10

Ableton will have money but a £99 upgrade to version 6 and i'll bite :)

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2018, 12:49:47 am »
Today's Arturia newsletter says the current upgrade offer is "the best offer you will ever get" and that we should "treat" ourselves. So, basically a big FU to all their customers who are saying the upgrade is too expensive.

It is unfortunate that now that Arturia have publicly made that price promise that they can not now offer a lower price than 199 in future for fear of being sued. 199 is way too much for an upgrade from V5 to V6. I have upgraded from V3 to V4 to V5 and own Sparkle and Keylab 88 and think that loyal customers should be encouraged to continue supporting the developer. I love the products and was contemplating more Arturia hardware but I think not now. :(
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 01:06:56 am by maxdamage »

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 03:41:35 pm »
It is unfortunate that now that Arturia have publicly made that price promise that they can not now offer a lower price than 199 in future for fear of being sued.
I wonder what's worse. Risk being sued or risk loosing the entire customer base? Apple is the only company which can misstreat and ignore it's customer base and survive. Arturia isn't Apple!!!

Archivist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2018, 05:17:55 pm »

It is unfortunate that now that Arturia have publicly made that price promise that they can not now offer a lower price than 199 in future for fear of being sued. 199 is way too much for an upgrade from V5 to V6. I have upgraded from V3 to V4 to V5 and own Sparkle and Keylab 88 and think that loyal customers should be encouraged to continue supporting the developer. I love the products and was contemplating more Arturia hardware but I think not now. :(

You have a good point.

However i wonder if someone at Arturia has slipped up as WE ALL seem to have been offered the 199 Euro upgrade despite some of us owning very few Arturia products and other buying a lot last year.

I bought a Keystep, a Beatstep pro AND a matrixbrute last year - i too got the 199 euro offer!  Not even an extra 1 euro discount for being a loyal customer.

We have said our bit, let's hope they wonder why they haven't sold as many upgrades as they had hoped :)

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2018, 08:05:52 pm »
TBH If I made a living from my music then 199e would be insignificant but now as a hobbyist and long time and heavily invested Arturia customer 199e is too much for the upgrade from V5. I love what Arturia has done to resurrect these iconic instruments, many of which I have actually played and also owned quite a number too since I was a musician during the time of their creation and release. I really appreciate the time, effort and obvious cost of creating these virtual reproductions and as a new customer the release price of 399e is a steal but the upgrade price is very disappointing. Users of NI Komplete will be used to this pricing model.  ::)

Svenne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2018, 08:46:04 pm »
Users of NI Komplete will be used to this pricing model.  ::)
No, they're not! The full price of Komplete 11 Ultimate is €1199. An upgrade from versions 8 to 10 is €399. That's about 33% of the full price. Arturia expects us to pay 50% of the full price. Forget it! This is an excellent way to alienate the customer base, and the first step on the road to bankruptcy.

Let's hope that Arturia comes to it's senses, before it goes that far.

maxdamage

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 09:10:16 pm »
Users of NI Komplete will be used to this pricing model.  ::)
No, they're not! The full price of Komplete 11 Ultimate is €1199. An upgrade from versions 8 to 10 is €399. That's about 33% of the full price. Arturia expects us to pay 50% of the full price. Forget it! This is an excellent way to alienate the customer base, and the first step on the road to bankruptcy.

Let's hope that Arturia comes to it's senses, before it goes that far.

Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly,  my point was that the NI upgrade price was the same no matter your current version. So an upgrade from 5 is the same as an upgrade from 10. The actual upgrade difference is massive depending on your current version. Ones recent purchase history is ignored. :(

jackn2mpu

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2018, 02:28:21 pm »

I may have missed it but where did you see Arturia say they can't offer a lower upgrade price for fear of being sued? I saw nothing of the kind in the upgrade email announcement I got from them.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines