March 28, 2024, 11:30:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation  (Read 68555 times)

boombaxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 08:33:25 am »
Years they have been promising an update to fix the vst. Still nothing

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 10:37:23 am »
Yes it's a shame!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:55 pm »
In ispark, Project browser isn’t loading and crashing the app. It happened after creating many kits. When I delete some of the new kits, it works, but when I have many kits (funny I know but as if there was a limit on the sample/kit number) I lose the project browser again. Does anybody know how to fix this? There’s no point in creating new kits if I won’t be able to browse, find and load them.
Sorry aytekin, but this is about the full-fledged PC software, not iSpark. There is a separate forum for that tho.
This space left intentionally blank.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:06 pm »
Couples of things that turn me off. I love my SparkLe+Spark2. But i have a some deal breaker issues
-I get a registration window everyday now since a couple of weeks. Even if my software is registered with ASC. Done the reinstall, re-registration, re-reinstall and re-re-registration without any success
-Custom drum kit do not save properly. I have to rebuild my drum kit every now and then. Goodbye workflow.
-Sequence do not save properly. I have to re-create my sequence all the time now. Re-goodbye workflow
(Look like Spark think i'm running in demo mode or something...)

All in all i love this little thing, once you know hot to use it it's powerful and versatile tool. I hope they are not giving up on it.
Now i'm saving money for a Tempest. Unless they come up with something within a year. I'm crossing my finger.
I hope you were able to resolve this. To me, it sounds like an issue with the activation process. Something got screwed up there.
If not, let me know (with a bit more detail) and I'll add it to the "Please Fix" list.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 09:33:17 pm »
Yes it's a shame!

Have patience and faith. Stay positive! :)
I too was VERY disappointed when Spark 2 was seemingly abandoned, with no word, when V Collection 5 came out.
However, we (and me personally) have had positive response this year from high honchos at Arturia saying that they're looking at fixing Spark 2 at the very least, if not upgrading it.
Thus the existence of this thread.

And NOW look what they just came out with. They're a small company. This new V Collection 6 was a lot of work for them. Perhaps now their software people will have more time to dig into Spark 2.
I've been concerned that with all this hardware they're coming out with, that they were reducing their interest in making sofware. I think the release of VC 6 shows that they still maintain a strong commitment to their software products.
.......... they're just not very good at communicating with US is all. ;) ;)

Perhaps it's time to start constantly posting on their facebook page about it again. That's what first got me a response regarding this subject.
Y'all can join me too! The more the merrier, and the more people the more they see actual interest in updating Spark 2.
If they don't see many people interested in them doing it, then why would they expend resources on it?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2018, 03:06:42 pm »
Hey Guys.

Don't worry, we have not forgot this update at all.
It is being worked on !

Yes it's a shame!

I too was VERY disappointed when Spark 2 was seemingly abandoned, with no word, when V Collection 5 came out.
However, we (and me personally) have had positive response this year from high honchos at Arturia saying that they're looking at fixing Spark 2 at the very least, if not upgrading it.

And NOW look what they just came out with. They're a small company. This new V Collection 6 was a lot of work for them. Perhaps now their software people will have more time to dig into Spark 2.
I've been concerned that with all this hardware they're coming out with, that they were reducing their interest in making sofware. I think the release of VC 6 shows that they still maintain a strong commitment to their software products.

Artao, your answer is relevant.
V Collection 6 was really a lot of work for the development team.
We now have a team dedicated to Spark 2 update.
But like you said, we are not a Google sized company, but a small company in the french alps.

Yes it's a shame!

Perhaps it's time to start constantly posting on their facebook page about it again. That's what first got me a response regarding this subject.
Y'all can join me too! The more the merrier, and the more people the more they see actual interest in updating Spark 2.
If they don't see many people interested in them doing it, then why would they expend resources on it?

The ressources have been allocated to this project. So I'm afraid it won't change anything.
Now the only thing that may help is time, and precise reports of the issues your are facing, so we can dig the bugs with your help.

Kind regards everyone and thanks in advance for you understanding.

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »
Hey Guys.

It is being worked on !

Edouard

That's AWESOME Edouard. Great news!! WOOT!! Thank you. :D

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 01:26:00 pm »
Hey Guys.

It is being worked on !

Edouard

That's AWESOME Edouard. Great news!! WOOT!! Thank you. :D

EDIT: Would you be able to tell us if you're looking at bug-fixing/updating Spark 2, or if you're going for a full-blown Spark 3? (or both)

what5150

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 11:02:43 pm »
I would like to add that externally sequenced pattern changes don't trigger the the first beat if the step wasn't in previous pattern.
Example, patterns set to change instantly and always changing patterns at step1.
Pattern1 is just hi-hats, pattern2 is hi-hats and kick, pattern3 is hats, kick, and snare ( instruments are variable just an example)
Going from pattern1-> pattern2 or 3, the first kick (step1) will be silent.
Going from pattern2-> pattern3, works normal.
Going from pattern3-> pattern2, works normal.
Going from pattern2-> pattern1, works normal.

If I change patterns in enough time before step one it works ok. But with Ableton clips triggering pattern changes, I can't "pre-send" the change. When I play spark live I can select the pattern sooner so it doesn't matter. It's annoying when I have so many changes on tracks that I have to use an Ableton scene to make it all happen and you miss the kick on 1. Heart sinks and failure sets in.

Arturia said this is normal behavior and that it just doesn't have time to load the pattern, but I can watch the sequencer GUI and see the step light up so the pattern is loaded. Idk just annoying and we're are talking about what, two bytes of data probably in RAM if not processor cache.

lordjingjing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 01:40:10 pm »
Hey Guys.

It is being worked on !

Yes it's a shame!

But like you said, we are not a Google sized company, but a small company in the french alps.

Yes it's a shame!

The ressources have been allocated to this project. So I'm afraid it won't change anything.
Now the only thing that may help is time, and precise reports of the issues your are facing, so we can dig the bugs with your help.

Edouard

That's fantastic news! :D I use the original CMD controller with Spark 2 inside Studio one, a very annoying bug is that when I turn a knob on the controller which I have set to say pitch, it often change another value like volume or pan. I have to stop and turn the knob again for it to change pitch as it was supposed to do from the start. :-\ That bug is so frequent that I for a long time have thought about switching to another software and controller, but I will wait for the update now and hope for the best! :) 

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:21 pm »
Hey Guys.

It is being worked on !

Hi, I'm really happy that you finally decided to put some effort into Spark 2, some years down the line.

However I do believe most of us can accept that you are not 'Google sized', but that said, we as customers could not care less for excuses like that. We are not interested in how many new shiny products you produce when the ones we already bought dosen't work. That's a little bit like telling us you 'don't bother us with old products that you already paid us for, buy some new instead'.

I would really like to urge your management to change that view set. That for one reason is why I haven't bought a single product from Arturia since that, because I feel let down by you. Also be more open and honest with your replies on forums and other media. You told us for years that "updates are coming" etc when in fact you didn't put any efforts in it until now (if we even can believe that). That leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2018, 11:18:43 pm »
Hey Guys.

It is being worked on !

Hi, I'm really happy that you finally decided to put some effort into Spark 2, some years down the line.

However I do believe most of us can accept that you are not 'Google sized', but that said, we as customers could not care less for excuses like that. We are not interested in how many new shiny products you produce when the ones we already bought dosen't work. That's a little bit like telling us you 'don't bother us with old products that you already paid us for, buy some new instead'.

I would really like to urge your management to change that view set. That for one reason is why I haven't bought a single product from Arturia since that, because I feel let down by you. Also be more open and honest with your replies on forums and other media. You told us for years that "updates are coming" etc when in fact you didn't put any efforts in it until now (if we even can believe that). That leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

Arturia has many new Products but no Spark Update and no real plan for an real Update in the near future. Sorry, it’s ok that Arturia is a „small“ company but it’s not ok to let the costumers totally in the dark. How long do we talk about it, 2.3.0 was in May 2016 and this only added iSpark and solved  some export issues.

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2018, 04:48:18 pm »
BUG One thing that makes the Spark VST not good for Live performing is when you change the Kit it changes the Mixer Outputs!

When I want to perform with Spark + Spark LE + Roland MX-1 and Ableton it is not possible to change the Kit or the Project without losing the Mixer Outputs in Spark. And we need more dedicated outputs for Sends and Master.

PSN_ONE

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 05:59:26 pm »
Short time user, first time poster...

So I'm running a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series and I can't get SparkLE to link with Ableton Live 9 Lite...

Tried a few things and so far nothing. I dig the Arturia line of products but finding decent tutorials or help for technical issues is straight frustrating..

So any ideas on how to get SparkLE and Ableton LIve 9 Lite to get it on?

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2018, 07:09:55 pm »
hmmm? The BSP get's an Update but the Spark Update is still an empty promise! 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines