March 28, 2024, 10:16:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation  (Read 68548 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Spark 2 Bug Fix Requests Compilation
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 03:59:12 am »
Mattjones ... Righto. I understand now.
I would think mono channels would fall under "new features," but your song position pointer is certainly an odd one, so I'll add that to the bugs list. :)
This space left intentionally blank.

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 11:50:29 am »
Again, many thanks for your reply artao.... RE mono outs.... yes that's fine, they would come under new features.

Re Song position pointer..... That would be MUCH appreciated, thank you. If the sequencer worked as it should do it would save me a LOT of time, i look forward to this being addressed in the, hopefully, near future :D

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:38:14 pm »
Thanks to everyone who is putting work in on this, both in and out of arturia.

lordjingjing

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 01:09:33 pm »
I have a bug (I think?), I use the dialer on the CDM hardware to browse thru samples on disk in the library tab, the thing is that after I assign a selected sample to a pad by pressing the dialer, the list always resets when I turn the dialer to select a new sample for another pad. Example, if I have 200 samples in a folder and have selected sample 150, instead of browsing to say sample 151 when I turn the dialer again after assigning, it always begins from sample 1. This is a pain if you have large folders and just want to use the dialer to browse and not the mouse.

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 12:32:39 pm »
It's completely disappointing that nothing is happening with the Spark software! We talked about this for months now and there is no real reaction from Arturia! We got the DrumBrute and the BSP with both polyrhythmic... something is missing, don't you think?

jasonwann

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 12:05:11 am »
Numerous issues in Logic with SparkLE controller maxing out the Midibus memory and locking up.

syz-x

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:28 pm »
I would like to add following to the fix list, witch I think is a main SHOW-STOPPER for Spark:

I have the hardware (the big one) and use Logic X.

A. When using Spark + Spark hardware controller + External Midi gear (synths, drum machines etc) Spark often loose sync with both Audio and Midi and behaves really unstable.
B. It's also not uncommon to crash when tweaking the hardware buttons during playback/record.

Read more of it in this very long thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83908.0

To me Arturia Spark is a paper weight and as soon as I enable Spark in Logic everything gets unstable.

I have reported this to Arturia many many times with really advanced reports, but still no fix.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:09:02 pm by syz-x »

electonic

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 08:03:38 pm »
Hello everybody!

Spark LE is my very first "musical" product for the computer I've ever bought. Because drum computers and sequencers really interest me.

Here's a problem with Spark Software which came to my eye immediately, but nobody seems to mention it here:
On a Retina Screen MacBook Pro 13, the interface is so small, it is practically unusable. I have to manually set my resolution down and make the image look unsharp etc., just to use Spark. You can't even make the window bigger. Other Arturia software can be scaled up and gets bigger.

Please fix this! :)

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 09:33:02 am »
Hello.
Since the VC5, the V Collection plugins have a resizable GUI.
However, the pre-VC5 virtual instruments doesn't, and Spark2 is a VC4 plugin.
That's why it's UI can't be resized.
Sorry for this inconvenience.
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

electonic

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 09:39:09 am »
Hello Eduard,

Thank you so much for replying!

I really do not understand what’s you want to tell me with VC4 and VC5.
I do not not what a vc4 plugin is. I just want to use the Spark App.

All I understand is that I bought this and it’s barely usable on any Mac you can buy right now, because they are all retina. 😉

If you have a solution for other apps, why can’t you update it to this “vc5” version you are talking about?

The solution seems to be right there: make it a vc5 thingy 😊😄
But I guess you are saying you won’t? 🤔

Thank you very much for your time 😊

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 06:30:11 pm »
I'm a really big fan of Spark and use it quite a bit. As a beta tester, I am aware of some esoteric bugs that are difficult to explain that I won't bother listing. Here are some bugs I'm aware of that remain in 2.3.0:

Master Track Limit - There is a built in limiter on the Master track which affects making a proper drum track.  Either the limiter should be removed from the Master Track or an Out1 should be added to the output section when using individual outputs. (Only thing I consider a big issue. Your kick drum is probably being affected.)

Equalizer - If you add the Equalizer to a drum, and bring down the 63Hz fader all the way (-40db), save the project, and return to the project the sound of the drum disappears to silence. There also seems to be a problem with the 32Hz fader when brought down all the way and saved.

Leslie Effect – The Leslie Rotation Speed knob is mislabeled.  When the Leslie Rotation Speed knob is set to "Fast" the speed eventually stops.  When the Leslie Rotation Speed knob is set to "Slow" the speed is actually fast.  When it is set to "Stop," the speed is actually slow.

Distortion – The Tube Distortion type does not work at a 100% Wet setting.

Saving - “Click to choose” an image does not work when saving a preset.

REV button – In the Studio panel, if I press the REV sample button on one instrument pad and then move to another instrument pad, the REV button still remains illuminated. Visually there is no way to tell if a sample is reversed.

Vocal Filter LFO - The LFO Off/On Switch on the Vocal Filter behaves like a slider instead of a button.

Select 12 Shortcut - The Select-12 shortcut turns off both Accent Mode and Song Mode.

Tune Mode – Tune Mode cannot be played with the Sequencer Step buttons on the GUI.  They can only be played with the hardware.

Tempo Knob after switching GUI – When switching from one GUI interface to another the tempo knob gets panned to a hard right at 300bpm (although the tempo itself will not be affected).

Library Panel - In FL Studio, when the Detached option is chosen while the Library Panel is open, then the Library Panel disappears.

LCD & Song Button - When pressing the Song button in the Main Panel to turn on Song mode in either the SparkLE or Spark Creative GUI Interface, the LCD displays "Step Mode 3.0" instead of "Song Mode:  ON." 

Drum Pads 15/16 – When Pad 15 & 16 is selected, often the third Instrument Parameter knob's assignment text will not be displayed.  For example, if I load the "Alien Circuit" project and select Pad 15, the third Instrument Parameter knob shows that it is assigned to Freq Shift but not text is displayed beneath it  Pad 16 shows it is assigned to BPF Cutoff, but again the text is not displayed.  When the knob is adjusted a tooltip appears that displays "MUTE OFF."  Also when the knob is in this state, right-clicking it does not bring up the "Enable/Disable motion" & "Edit motion" options.  Most of the projects that seem to have this problem belong to the "Spark Factory," "Spark Vintage,” and some of the demo expansion packs.  It's always the third Instrument Parameter knob for Pads 15 & 16 that is affected.

Effect Presets – I can overwrite the default factory Effect and Mixer Output presets.  I can also delete them.

Mixer Faders – Double clicking the mixer faders bring them back to a value of -33db instead of the expected 0db.

Speark Creative Tap Tempo - If I tap out a tempo on the tempo pad in the the Spark Creative GUI, the tempo will update but the tempo knob itself does not react to the change.

Spark Creative GUI 9-16 - Instruments 9-16 do not display underneath the drum pads in Spark Creative GUI’s Main Panel.  Instruments 1-8 remain on the display when switching to Instruments 9-16.

Verbose Mode – No accessible verbose mode on SparkLE GUI. Verbose Mode on Spark Creative GUI is incorrect. For example. Select 4 says “Prefs” but it actually opens the Studio Panel. Select 5 says “Studio” but it actually opens the Modular panel. If you leave Verbose Mode on in the Spark Creative GUI and return to the SparkLE, the layout of the text is poor, incorrect, and ugly.

Export Icons - In Windows, if you export a Spark kit the resulting icon has an iSpark logo. An exported iSpark kit has no icon.

Outof4mmo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 02:43:01 am »
Couples of things that turn me off. I love my SparkLe+Spark2. But i have a some deal breaker issues
-I get a registration window everyday now since a couple of weeks. Even if my software is registered with ASC. Done the reinstall, re-registration, re-reinstall and re-re-registration without any success
-Custom drum kit do not save properly. I have to rebuild my drum kit every now and then. Goodbye workflow.
-Sequence do not save properly. I have to re-create my sequence all the time now. Re-goodbye workflow
(Look like Spark think i'm running in demo mode or something...)

All in all i love this little thing, once you know hot to use it it's powerful and versatile tool. I hope they are not giving up on it.
Now i'm saving money for a Tempest. Unless they come up with something within a year. I'm crossing my finger.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:54 am »
Hello Eduard,

Thank you so much for replying!

I really do not understand what’s you want to tell me with VC4 and VC5.
I do not not what a vc4 plugin is. I just want to use the Spark App.

All I understand is that I bought this and it’s barely usable on any Mac you can buy right now, because they are all retina. 😉

If you have a solution for other apps, why can’t you update it to this “vc5” version you are talking about?

The solution seems to be right there: make it a vc5 thingy 😊😄
But I guess you are saying you won’t? 🤔

Thank you very much for your time 😊

Spark is not part of the VC5 collection, only VC4 and before.
Displays like that commonly result in issues with the size of VST instruments. Perhaps lower your resolution is all I can say regarding that. Given a specific monitor size (say, 22"), as you increase resolution, ALL VST interfaces become smaller on screen. All software and fonts and stuff become smaller too. To get it bigger, you need either a bigger monitor or reduced resolution. That's just the way it is with the vast majority of software.
This space left intentionally blank.

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »
November 2017 and nothing has changed...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:38:09 pm by deanfreud »

aytekin

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 09:41:38 pm »
In ispark, Project browser isn’t loading and crashing the app. It happened after creating many kits. When I delete some of the new kits, it works, but when I have many kits (funny I know but as if there was a limit on the sample/kit number) I lose the project browser again. Does anybody know how to fix this? There’s no point in creating new kits if I won’t be able to browse, find and load them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines