April 18, 2024, 10:58:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.4 Update....  (Read 15936 times)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: 1.4 Update....
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:18 pm »
Holo, i think you are a bit rude. Origin is a very good synth right now. Don't forget it's the first arturia hardware and you knew it before purchasing, right? For a first one it's an amazing product with some defaults, right, but everytime an update is launched it comes better. I know it's quite long but i don't see another company that acts better on the market.

I see the spark as an " easy " hardware machine by arturia ( easy but good sounds, i tested it) and maybe i'm wrong but i think arturia needs to launch this kind of product to get financial ressources to continue origin development, which i want, don't you?

Philippe

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »
I'd like to know how they come up with their list of priorities and features for a new update. All of the features listed in that update with the exception of the Template Lite aren't anything I ever recall seeing users here asking for.

Some people has requested that the effects in a multi be controlled at the multi level and not at the slot level (rcmusic was one of these). When we analysed this requirement we thought that it is not only a matter of FX control but more largely a matter of slot control within the multi. That is the reason for the new multi features. So you cannot say that it is unrelated to some users requests.

Note that one of the new multi feature is precisely the ability to bind up to 4 parameters to any of the 8 screen encoders. This is what you are requesting? Is'nt it?

Lot of people have been requested new modules. This is planned. Again this is related to users requests.

Lot of people have also requested enhancements regarding the preset management using the application "Origin Connection". Particularly the fact that 1) we don't erase the user presets during an update and 2) that we allow users to overwrite factory presets. Both are planned for next 1.4 release.

And finally, the "template lite" concept has been discussed at large on this forum. This concept will be introduced into the 1.4 release.

All in all, you have to admit that we've been listening to the users.

Of course we have to make choice because we obviously cannot implement every single idea that may be posted here.

For those of you who are disappointed that we postponed the software editor, let me tell you that it has not been sent to the trash, instead it is postponed. It means that we may (we may not we will) decide later to revive this idea. The reason for this postpone is that it would have taken too much time and resource in the current period to manage this goal (a plugin editor with midi capability) in a 4/5 month delay.
Origin Lead  Developer

tomoe97

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 06:13:02 pm »
Thanks for the update on the update, Phillippe! This all sounds outstanding. Keep up the good work, Arturians!

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 07:12:35 pm »
Yep, very nice!  effects control at the multi level is a must have if you want to use serious combination. New presets management is very important too! Very good

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 08:46:41 pm »
Am I the only one missing the (more or less precise) release date of this 1.4 update?

At the "milestones" there's only mention about 1.5. which is planned for Q3 2011.

???

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »
Last quarter of 2011 it seems for 1.4

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:50 pm »
Philippe, thanks for the Update . At least we know we will have a 1.4 update...

Regarding new modules and Template mini concept, can Arturia Add the missing Prophet 5 OSC, Filter and ENV modules? And a template mini of a Prophet 5 would be nice.

holografique

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »
Holo, i think you are a bit rude. Origin is a very good synth right now. Don't forget it's the first arturia hardware and you knew it before purchasing, right?

I never said it wasn't a good synth did I? You really think I would spend $2k if I didn't it was? I think it's an amazing synth and I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't think it was. My comments were specifically at how the speed of future development of this product and the priorities being set IN MY OPINION don't make sense. Rude or not, it's an opinion and only an opinion. So don't get your panties in a wad amigo. Sometimes hard opinions are what help companies take a hard look at things they can improve...companies don't grow and become better by living in a glass house celebrating as if everything is fine and dandy, you improve by listening to the customers, whether it's nice, rude, or not.

I know it's quite long but i don't see another company that acts better on the market.

Not sure what other companies you've used, but in my 20 years of owning, using, and testing synths, there have CLEARLY been way better examples of management of the continued life and development of a given product.

I see the spark as an " easy " hardware machine by arturia ( easy but good sounds, i tested it) and maybe i'm wrong but i think arturia needs to launch this kind of product to get financial ressources to continue origin development, which i want, don't you?

that's my point, it shouldn't take another product to fund the CONTINUED lifecycle of an existing product if the existing product is priced properly, being developed properly, and marketed properly. because if it was, then it should be selling well enough to support the CONTINUED (not NEW, but CONTINUED) development of itself.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:51:58 pm by holografique »

holografique

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 05:45:54 pm »
Note that one of the new multi feature is precisely the ability to bind up to 4 parameters to any of the 8 screen encoders. This is what you are requesting? Is'nt it?

possibly! :) but it wasn't one of the features listed at the beginning of this post, was it? ;)
will this ability only be available in a multi or also for a program? I think it's needed for both. At least me personally I desire it for programs as I really don't use the Origin as a multi-timbral synth and no real use for any of the multi related features. My focus use for Origin is a performance synth in the studio for that one "great" vintage sound that I need in whatever project I may be working on. I may use other sounds, but I'll just layer them into my DAW as needed.

Lot of people have been requested new modules. This is planned. Again this is related to users requests.

can you provide us a full list of what these new modules we'll be? Most if the requests I've seen here have been around oscillator and filter modules, not control oriented modules (e.g. envelopes, etc.)

I look forward to the new updates!

cheers.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:48:23 pm by holografique »

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 08:36:09 pm »
Holo, i think you are a bit rude. Origin is a very good synth right now. Don't forget it's the first arturia hardware and you knew it before purchasing, right?

I never said it wasn't a good synth did I? You really think I would spend $2k if I didn't it was? I think it's an amazing synth and I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't think it was. My comments were specifically at how the speed of future development of this product and the priorities being set IN MY OPINION don't make sense. Rude or not, it's an opinion and only an opinion. So don't get your panties in a wad amigo. Sometimes hard opinions are what help companies take a hard look at things they can improve...companies don't grow and become better by living in a glass house celebrating as if everything is fine and dandy, you improve by listening to the customers, whether it's nice, rude, or not.

I know it's quite long but i don't see another company that acts better on the market.

Not sure what other companies you've used, but in my 20 years of owning, using, and testing synths, there have CLEARLY been way better examples of management of the continued life and development of a given product.

that's my point, it shouldn't take another product to fund the CONTINUED lifecycle of an existing product if the existing product is priced properly, being developed properly, and marketed properly. because if it was, then it should be selling well enough to support the CONTINUED (not NEW, but CONTINUED) development of itself.

Ok you did not say it was not a good synth, at least a positive thing in your post on previous page. If i was argueing like you i would say that i never wrote that you said it wasn't a good synth. I just said you were a bit rude . (point) then continue with another sentence......
You should watch some of your remarks on me , ok?
If you think people like you make companies better  at the end, you are wrong, believe it or not. Of course you can have your opinion ( who said you can not, holo argueing copyright). Just FYI it's been 25 years i use synths ( beat you! Wowwwwwwww) from all the brands, i have used tons of differents keys and other hardware, some were good, other not, at the end NO company is perfect, no company acts better than another, all are always too long on update, all wil not put your wishes in their hardware, that's how is the market and you know why? Because you can not satisfy everyone, there always be complainers, what ever you do.  When i read you on the previous page i really ask myself why don't run a music company since you have all the keys! Thinking like you do, we wpuld have only 2 drumboxes and 3 synths on the market....... And you would complain on this :-)

Anyway, seems that arturia listen since they will implements a lot a user asking complements to origin in 1.4

Discussion closed

holografique

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:13 pm »
well, unfortunately someone did got their panties in a wad! lol

I have worked for several music companies over the years and have been responsible for having helped a number of well known products develop into what they are today both in the instrument and recording product fields. again, all of this is my opinion and my opinion only. like or it leave it.

ciao!

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 09:52:19 pm »
Give me your name, the products your participated to create, i'll make a pleasure to find marketing, conception, features mistakes in them!
It seems like ypu are a guy that really like to attack people or company but does not admit people give you the change.

holografique

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »
lol, dude cmon really?

Nuendo / Cubase
Kurzweil K2500/K2600
NI products
UAD products
Euphonix products

have fun!

read my posts: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. I'm not attacking anyone or any company. I am expressing my viewpoints on what I believe are directions that could have been made or done differently, that's all. AGAIN, IM EXPRESSING MY OPINION.

relax
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:02:33 pm by holografique »

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 10:21:31 pm »
Wow amazing!
I owned cubase, kurzweil and ni products, some much things to say, no we know that you don't like arturia launching spark because your worked for NI ( i own maschine and several plugs, maschine is great) and that you are a bit nervous because arturia did not hire you like all this big companies, what is really a shame since we would have a perfect origin.

Seriously holo, you can have your opinion, but other people can have their own, you are not an opinion leader. And all this just because i told ypu you were A BIT rude after you said: Once again this company shows it's inability to listen to it's customers, set priorities correctly, make best use of it's development resources, and really make this product shine, yet they wonder why it's not selling

I leave you with your big head..... And just to finish none of the companies you worked EvER launch a new product before take the precedent to maturity....you are right.....oh what were you doing? Packaging ( there is no stupid jobs)

holografique

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:04 pm »
dude, every response you have takes my post further and further out of context.

go ahead, please, add more....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines