March 28, 2024, 04:07:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets 385 - 512  (Read 1340 times)

fakamminga

Presets 385 - 512
« on: May 30, 2023, 09:01:51 pm »
I have frequently sent presets to my MicroFreak without no issues. However with the latest update I cannot sent any presets from Midi Controller to the MicroFreak to presets 385 up to 512.
Are these presets blocked or are these only available for saving from the MicroFreak itself or do I need to change a setting?

Many thanks for your help

fjano7

Re: Presets 385 - 512
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 03:24:24 am »
I submitted a support ticket as I was having the exact same issue. No issues posting the new presets to earlier pre set slots.

tmoore

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 05:40:24 am »
Same. Must be a bug.

DBM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 05:41:59 am »
Same issue also can't send user samples at all either

tmoore

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 05:51:38 am »
Randy Hayes shared a workaround for the presets here https://legacy-forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=111746.msg197918#msg197918

You have to compile a project in MCC with all of the presets you want and send the whole thing to MicroFreak, overwriting all content. It worked for me.

Just make sure you back up any custom presets before you do it!

VinylDinosaur

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 03:16:38 pm »
I'm having the same issue. I get an error when trying to copy a preset to the higher numbered presets. No problem in creating a preset directly on the microFreak with the higher numbers.

kingofflakess

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 04:41:01 pm »
same problem here. Arturia, help!!!

Bassfeelie

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023, 01:19:18 am »
Yup, Same here, must be a bug. I'm sure they'll issue a fix soon... However, previous poster was correct, there is a workaround by adding all desired presets to a new project and sending that to MicroFreak. It will overwrite all current presets , so you may want to export your current presets into a new project first, and use that, adding the new ones on top. I now have 449 presets on my 'Freak, which is basically Factory Presets 3.0, New Presets 4.0 and New Presets 5.0. Plus 50-odd INITs to mess about with :-)

g.lavo

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 03:37:08 am »
I'm getting the same error as well, can't transfer any presets to or from my Microfreak to MIDI CC from patches 385 and above. Could be an issue with the new firmware update?

kx3

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 06:19:38 am »
Same here

quark

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2023, 10:28:03 am »
Yup, Same here, must be a bug. I'm sure they'll issue a fix soon... However, previous poster was correct, there is a workaround by adding all desired presets to a new project and sending that to MicroFreak. It will overwrite all current presets , so you may want to export your current presets into a new project first, and use that, adding the new ones on top. I now have 449 presets on my 'Freak, which is basically Factory Presets 3.0, New Presets 4.0 and New Presets 5.0. Plus 50-odd INITs to mess about with :-)

How do you build a project that includes presets from other projects? I can't figure out how to drag a large number of presets from the factory projects into my new "Everything" project, similar to the one you describe.

Do I have to export all 400+ presets from the factory ones to individual .mfpz files and then import them individually into my "Everything" project?

tmoore

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2023, 05:07:52 am »

How do you build a project that includes presets from other projects? I can't figure out how to drag a large number of presets from the factory projects into my new "Everything" project, similar to the one you describe.

Do I have to export all 400+ presets from the factory ones to individual .mfpz files and then import them individually into my "Everything" project?

You can drag them.

• Back up anything on your MicroFreak you want to keep
  • Press the "+ New Project" button and give it a name
  • Click the project you want to copy from
  • Click the first preset in the range you want to copy
  • Scroll to the last preset in the range you want to copy and shift-click it to select the whole range
  • Scroll back to the top one
  • Drag the top preset in the range over to the name of your new project on the left and wait there for a second until the list of presets changes to your empty project
  • Keep dragging back over to the empty list and drop on top of the first empty preset slot
  • Repeat for any other projects you want to copy from
  • Click "> Send to MicroFreak" to overwrite everything on the device

But to save everyone the trouble of all of that clicking and dragging, I've attached an exported project with all of the Factory 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 presets, plus 64 blank slots.

quark

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2023, 02:47:17 pm »
You can drag them.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was trying to do, but somehow managed to mess up, thus erroneously concluding that it does not work.

I have now created a project that includes all factory patches as well as my own.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines