April 27, 2024, 05:19:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update firmware and then silence  (Read 772 times)

Kurt Faasse

Update firmware and then silence
« on: May 31, 2023, 02:35:37 pm »
Updated Microfreak to v. 5 and then MIDI Control Center can send nothing to Microfreak. Patches, Wavetables, and Samples are blank in keyboard. Sending to keyboard pops up alert with progress indicator for a second which then disappears. Keyboard has no data in it.

gridsleep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Update firmware and then silence
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 11:22:05 pm »
Same user here, different name, don't know why the post above needed a different name. Who knows why inconvenient things happen in the internet?

Anyway, I finally got the Microfreak all loaded with OS 5 and the patches, wavetables, and samples. It only took at least twenty attempts especially to get the samples loaded as MIDI control panel kept crapping out with MEMORY FULL errors at less than 20% full. Is electronics now no longer an exact science? We are doomed. After it "says" it is all loaded it sounds nice but for a very noticeable ground loop hum which did not have anything to do with the new earbuds I am using but with the USB cord that was ever so slightly not 100% into the socket. I must continue to remind myself that electronics is no longer an exact science. Thank goodness we have quantum computing to make sure the future will have nothing exact in it so we no longer have to worry about being perfect, but only whether or not we may or may not still be breathing. Never mind why.

Liquidator_

Re: Update firmware and then silence
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 11:24:59 pm »
I have same issue. Updated firmware, uploaded presets and all presets are silent. Only Init makes sound.

Here is video from midi center when uploading presets: https://photos.app.goo.gl/HEmZbAneXZP3ezFk7

It gives "failed to get metadata for preset A.." Sometime it is A1 some times it is a 65 (even there is no preset on number 65).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines