March 28, 2024, 07:13:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Misc. Bugs  (Read 1921 times)

gphantom

Misc. Bugs
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:02:26 pm »
1-  Clicking on  "NEW PLAYLIST" times out after a  few seconds and doesn't allow us to add a new name.  It ends.
One solution is to quickly enter the first letter of the name we want "ex:  Version 1" where you enter the "V" and quickly press the enter key and then, edit the name and quickly enter the next letter "e" then press enter again and continue until you have entered the entire name.  If you're quick enough, you can enter a few letters at a time but if you don't press ENTER in time, the changes are erased.

2-  If I want to display the presets by "NAME" as an example (or FAVORITES etc.) it returns to it's default "FEATURED" and "TYPE" and also, if I wanted to sort in Ascending mode, it also resorts to Descending mode when you restart the program.  These should be saved automatically when changing selections.  Also, the instruments are not selected when returning.  If I want PIANOs, or SYNTHs or ORGANs or MULTIs, it restarts with no instrument selection.  It does, however, remember the preset we chose in the last session.

3.  When saving a preset and we add a new style, that style should be selected automatically when pressing ENTER after adding the style name.  If we forget to select it, we need to go back and reenter a new style name if we added the new style first.

This is a good start.  If it gets fixed, that is the question.  If you want to have a great product, it's the little things that distinguish it from a blase product.

Phil
Software engineer since 1976 (Yeah, I know, I'm getting old)

LBH

Re: Misc. Bugs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:18:40 am »
1-  Clicking on  "NEW PLAYLIST" times out after a  few seconds and doesn't allow us to add a new name.  It ends.
One solution is to quickly enter the first letter of the name we want "ex:  Version 1" where you enter the "V" and quickly press the enter key and then, edit the name and quickly enter the next letter "e" then press enter again and continue until you have entered the entire name.  If you're quick enough, you can enter a few letters at a time but if you don't press ENTER in time, the changes are erased.
I don't experience this. Only if i click outside the text area or press TAB, Esc(ape) or ENTER on the computer keyboard the textfield close. No bug as i see it.

2-  If I want to display the presets by "NAME" as an example (or FAVORITES etc.) it returns to it's default "FEATURED" and "TYPE" and also, if I wanted to sort in Ascending mode, it also resorts to Descending mode when you restart the program.  These should be saved automatically when changing selections.  Also, the instruments are not selected when returning.  If I want PIANOs, or SYNTHs or ORGANs or MULTIs, it restarts with no instrument selection.  It does, however, remember the preset we chose in the last session.

3.  When saving a preset and we add a new style, that style should be selected automatically when pressing ENTER after adding the style name.  If we forget to select it, we need to go back and reenter a new style name if we added the new style first.
I would call this feature request and not bugs.
I can support point 3, but don't know about point 2 - perhaps, but perhaps it's also annoying, so a choice would be better if changed.

We are all getting older  :)
Happy hollidays.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines