March 28, 2024, 06:29:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 3 crashing using Keylab 49 essential.  (Read 2960 times)

FotoxBr_nl

• Apprentice
Analog Lab 3 crashing using Keylab 49 essential.
« on: December 13, 2018, 09:40:17 am »
Though I am not using my Keylab very often ( I use a Komplete Kontrol S25 and NKS) I tried to use it after installing the new Pigments synth.
To my surprise the Keylab works with Pigments. However after starting up Analog Lab 3 within Ableton or standalone it persistently crashes after a while when using some knob and sliders on both my iMac and MacBook Pro Retina. I checked all the version numbers of Mac OS ,V collection , Analog Lab 3 , Firmware of the Keylab 49 essential but these are all up to date.
 Am I the only one having this problem ?

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 3 crashing using Keylab 49 essential.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
Are you saying AL3 only crash, when you use your keylab Essential, but not when you use your Komplete Kontrol?
Any other instruments you have that crash beside AL3?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall AL3?

FotoxBr_nl

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 11:32:12 pm »
I do not run Analog Lab 3 within the Komplete Kontrol shell because these have the same function more or less (Komplete using the NKS functionality).

This evening I uninstalled AL 3 via the Software centre app and tried to reinstall it via this same app on two of my OSX computers. Downloading did take too long. Sever overload maybe ?? I downloaded the package via the "my products" page on the website without problems. I did run the installer and installation went OK.

This reinstall seems to solve my problems. No more crashes so far. Fingers crossed now.

Pity I did have to do this on two of my Macs and probably on my third one (tomorrow :-)

One strange thing still remains. On the my products page the V collection is marked with "upgrade available" and when I click on it I only get the option of downloading each synth separately without any indication which one has to be upgraded. As far as I know none of them needs an update or upgrade.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 12:54:26 am »
This reinstall seems to solve my problems. No more crashes so far. Fingers crossed now.
Great.

One strange thing still remains. On the my products page the V collection is marked with "upgrade available" and when I click on it I only get the option of downloading each synth separately without any indication which one has to be upgraded. As far as I know none of them needs an update or upgrade.
Which version of do you have? Do you only own Analog Lab?
Keep in mind that there is a differnce between upgrade and update.

Downloading did take too long. Sever overload maybe ??
I think so. Pigments have just been released. And i think they have had server issues too, but they should be solved now.

I do not run Analog Lab 3 within the Komplete Kontrol shell because these have the same function more or less (Komplete using the NKS functionality).
If the issue has nothing to do with your Arturia controller, then why the topic header? Why mention your controllers at all?

FotoxBr_nl

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 11:01:02 am »
>>>> If the issue has nothing to do with your Arturia controller, then why the topic header? Why mention your controllers at all?

Probably a misunderstanding here.
For me it has everything the do with the choice of my controllers. I need Analog Lab when using the Keylab. I do not need it when using my Komplete S25. It was only after using the  Keylab again (because I wanted to know how it works with Pigments) that I run into the problem with AL 3.

I think the Arturia products are excellent. Incidents like these just happen once in a while with any software solution.

I did buy the V Collection in the past and did an upgrade sometime ago when there were some improvements introduced. (More Synclavier features, I believe).
How about that upgrade remark on the "my products" page ??

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 01:43:06 pm »
So you own V-Collection 6, and it's those applications that you have an upgrade button for? And your VC6 is an upgrade from an older V-Collection? And you have downloaded/upgraded you applications after you purchased VC6?

Usually there are only update buttons and such in ASC, if the availble downloads is newer than those you have installed.  But as you don't give informations about your versions, then i can't tell, if you have the newest applications.

All informations about your purchased products should be on you Arturia account.
Products can also be downloaded from your account.

How about that upgrade remark on the "my products" page ??
About Pigments? I'm not sure about this. I have not purchased Pigments yet. I can't see Pigments should be in V-Collection on V-Collections or Pigments product sales pages, but on my user account it look like it will be. But i'm actually not sure about this. I would like some informations about this from Arturia.
Your My Products page also have informations about which application you have license for.

BTW: Why did it surprise you, that you could use your not that old Arturia controller with Pigments? Why not exspect it?

FotoxBr_nl

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 09:18:24 pm »
Unfortunately also after a an uninstall and re-install of AL 3, I am still experiencing crashes when using AL 3 on my Macs (all with up to date versions of everything (OSX, AL 3, all V collection synths).

LBH

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 09:52:50 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

But if that's the case, then with the availble informations i can't do more.
I most understand, that the crashing with AL3 version 3.2.2.1914 is the only remaining issue, and it still happens in standalone mode and in Ableton.
I suggest you contact Arturia support directly thru your account.

FotoxBr_nl

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 10:58:14 pm »
It might have something to do with the built in store (the store where you can buy the preset packs). I have the feeling that the time when AL 3 crashes occur while using it, coincides with the time that this store is unavailable (due to server problems ???). Today I did not have any crashes with AL 3 any more, while the store is available again. Of course these crashes should never happen !!

LBH

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 11:51:15 pm »
I don't think anything in the computer world is 100% safe.

In a way it's good if server problem was the issue. I guess it's a possibility.

Did it happen when you where logged in?
I have the procedure to allways log out of anything. I don't stay logged in. Especially not on my main music PC. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines