April 27, 2024, 10:46:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Moog/Komplete GUI Glitching  (Read 2966 times)

BezO

• Apprentice
Moog/Komplete GUI Glitching
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:21:19 pm »
When using the 2 Moog synths via Komplete Kontrol, the GUI is glitching, constantly sliding down off the screen to the point where it's unusable. I can't make any adjustments as the targets are constantly moving.

Known issue? Anyone else experiencing this? If not, I will create a video to post later tonight. If you haven't seen this, my explanation doesn't do it justice.
V Collection 6 & Komplete Kontrol S

The groove baby, the groove...

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Moog/Komplete GUI Glitching
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:49:38 pm »
Hi,

Yes please, a s hort video clip will help us to understand what is going on and hopefully find a solution.

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:22:12 pm »
I've tried attaching a vid less than 4000KB but keep getting a message saying, "413 Request Entity Too Large".

However, I had trouble reproducing the problem in full, which is a good thing I guess. It's quick and temporary now, so I can actually use the plugin. Initially the GUI would slide down much further than it does now, pop back up and repeat, indefinitely.

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:11:06 pm »
OK, this is happening with more of the instruments now. Not always, but enough to break the creative flow and make editing anything not available on the KK keyboard impossible. And I still can't post any vids here.

I wonder if it's a compatibility issue. This does not happen in Logic but does in the MPC software (controlled by Live), unfortunately where I do all my creative work.

Since I can't seem to post vids, some more detail: The top bar of the GUI where you would grab to move it & where you can X/close out the GUI, remains in place. The rest of the GUI is sliding down half way off the CPU screen and back up, leaving white space between the top bar and the rest of the GUI. It makes doing anything in the GUI impossible other than closing it.

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »
I reported this to Native Instruments as well and am waiting to hear back. With additional testing, this only seems to happen when inserting and opening the plugins withing Komplete Kontrol. Inserting and opening the plugin outside of Komplete Kontrol works fine. I provided a dropbox link to them, so hopefully that works here as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9pjfj4v8oib4ma/Glitch.mp4?dl=0

Notice the white at the top of the GUI when I open it. This is the most minor version of the glitch and all I could reproduce at the time. It varies from this to the sliding down and back up happening a few times and stopping, to a slower slide further down a few times and stopping, to sliding down and back up indefinitely. Of course it's the most drastic version that makes the GUI unusable.

And it's now happening to more of the instruments. It's still inconsistent, so it likely hasn't happened to all of them yet, but it's definitely no longer limited to the Moog instruments.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:24:22 pm by BezO »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:55 pm »
Are your graphics updated?
Are all your software updated?
Just some things to check.

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 03:05:13 pm »
Graphics?

All involved software is updated to the most recent version with the exception of my OS. I'm on Sierra, 10.12.6.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 05:11:36 pm »
Graphics?
Driver for your graphics - Graphic processing unit (GPU).

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:59 pm »
Graphics?
Driver for your graphics - Graphic processing unit (GPU).
I would imagine & hope that get's updated when I update my OS. I've never seen a prompt to update just my graphics.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 12:14:40 am »
I don't know about MAC. I think a MAC OS as standard gets new drivers with a new OS or by updating the OS. But i also have seen vendors releasing drivers for MAC OS versions. You can check on the graphics manufactors website.

I'm on windows 10. And i only have Komplete Kontrol software, that i almost never use. But i don't have the glitch you mention, when i load a VC6 application inside Komplete Kontrol.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:48:40 am by LBH »

BezO

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 02:33:56 pm »
I don't know about MAC. I think a MAC OS as standard gets new drivers with a new OS or by updating the OS. But i also have seen vendors releasing drivers for MAC OS versions. You can check on the graphics manufactors website.

I'm on windows 10. And i only have Komplete Kontrol software, that i almost never use. But i don't have the glitch you mention, when i load a VC6 application inside Komplete Kontrol.
Yeah, I do not think the graphics are updated separate from the OS on the Mac, but I will check to make sure.

Also, this seems to only be a problem in the MPC software. In Komplete Kontrol stand alone and in Logic Pro X, I do not have this issue. I'm guess more of a compatibility issue between Arturia, MPC & Komplete Kontrol.

LBH

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 04:04:00 pm »
Also, this seems to only be a problem in the MPC software. In Komplete Kontrol stand alone and in Logic Pro X, I do not have this issue. I'm guess more of a compatibility issue between Arturia, MPC & Komplete Kontrol.
Yes that's a possibility. But it does'nt rule out, that a graphic compatibility issue may be involved in this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines