March 29, 2024, 04:05:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple copies of the same preset after loading preset bank  (Read 1202 times)

d3llio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud - D3llio
I recently got a new laptop, and in my attempt to transfer all my saved playlists and favorites I noticed that after I imported my playlists that I had multiple copies of many of the presets. I'm wondering if there is any way to reduce this, it's not a huge deal, but it's annoying to have to scroll through copies of the same preset. Is there possibly several copies of the preset banks somewhere that are causing this? Thank you!

LBH

Re: Multiple copies of the same preset after loading preset bank
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:27:58 pm »
You can read this in the manual:
"3.2.6. Export Playlists
This option can be used to export all the playlists (and the presets associated) from the
instrument which is useful for backing up or sharing playlists."

So it  look like the presets is exported( imported with the playlists. This make some sense, as a playlists presets may not be present in other applications.

I have'nt tried to just to copy a playlist xml file to another computer. If the presets is present in the other application, then that might work.

I have'nt exported playlist to use in another computer either, but if there in the import  is'nt a dialog to select not to add copies of excisting presets, then i suggest Arturia have a look at this, to add the option.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines