March 28, 2024, 12:24:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature requests from Analog Lab 2 for Analog Lab 3  (Read 2601 times)

gphantom

Feature requests from Analog Lab 2 for Analog Lab 3
« on: December 18, 2017, 01:11:51 am »
I mentioned a few feature requests for Analog Lab 2 which were never answered and did not appear in Analog Lab 3 either.
Need HOT KEYS to quickly access functions and features without having to click on the mouse which takes more time to do than interacting with the keyboard.
Also need to be able to assign a midi controller button to the FAVORITES option...

Hopefully, I'll get a response.

Phil

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Feature requests from Analog Lab 2 for Analog Lab 3
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:10:10 pm »
Hi,

Thanks you for your suggestion. I don't know what will be done (and I think you've listed some nice ideas) but I've transmitted your feature request to the main Analog Lab dev.

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:21:42 pm by Matt Arturia »

heilei

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:29:41 am »
Need HOT KEYS to quickly access functions and features without having to click on the mouse which takes more time to do than interacting with the keyboard.

I would like to extend this request to ALL Arturia's stand-alone synths, not just Analog Lab. As the OP said, it is always much faster to interact (with any software) using keyboard shortcuts. It would also help, if the apps had menu commands (I'm talking about macOS here): then we could attach any keyboard shortcut to any command ourselves, using macOS services or 3rd-party utility programs.

I understand, that this might be impossible for individual synth functions (because they're all very different). However, from a programmer's point of view, all your synth apps seem to share a common set of functions and UI widgets, like previous/next preset, open/close library, mark preset as favorite etc. Creating menu commands and keyboard shortcuts for these should be a relatively easy task.

I hope you take this request into consideration.

ed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
ed
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:26:22 pm »
I have something I would like to request.

Would it be possible to have the MIDI in configurable for all instruments as well as (or instead of) on a patch by patch basis?

The reason is I like to have Reason 10 and Analog Lab 3 open at the same time open and use my KEYLAB Essential to control both (but not at the same time) - I worked out I could do it by changing the MIDI in on that instrument in AL3 from 'all' to, say, 2. This works, but I have to change i each time I change a patch in AL3 which is a shame.

Another thing I would like is the CC numbers for the knobs and sliders inside the VST plugin. I use AL3 in Reason and I can never ascertain what CC controls it requires. I know I can override them, but I would have to do that every time I opened the AL3 VST plugin which would be a pain.

If there is a way to do this I would love to know about it.

Thanks!

ed
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:33:15 pm by ed »

LBH

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 05:48:15 pm »
Hi ed,

I think you are out of topic for this thread. Could you please start another thread.
BTW: It's best not to write anything in the Subject text field when you post unless you start a new thread.
When you start another thread, then perhaps some screenshots would help to understand or be certain of the issues. Perhaps some answers allready are in the AL3 manual.
EDIT: I can say now that the setting of MIDI channels for an application should not change when selecting a new preset. This behavior is a bug. Arturia please fix this in your applications. I create a bug post for this. EDIT END
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:08:19 pm by LBH »

ed

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:36:29 pm »
Sorry LBH - I have done as you asked. Should I remove the my post from this thread?

LBH

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 04:47:29 pm »
It's okay. It's just easier to find topics, if they are separated. So a sort of order can help to find things.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines