March 28, 2024, 09:44:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Automap wrapper plugins not showing up in Logic or Automap software setup  (Read 6598 times)

iomusik

Hi-

I just purchased and installed the Arturia V collection.  I use automap with my novation SL midi controller.  After the install I only see the non automap version of the plugins in the logic AU list but not the automap wrapper versions.  And also the novation Automap software setup is not listing any of the Arturia synths in the AU plugin list either to enable or disable.

I've reinstalled Automap and the Arturia plugins but am still having the issue.

Any help you can provide on this issue I would appreciate.

Thanks-
Pete

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

This is only my guess. It would be nice if Arturia could make things clear.
I don't know if the below can help you. Perhaps something similar - whatever it is -  is going on with AU plug-ins on a MAC.

First - In my automap application i can enable plug-ins to use automap/ Wrap. The wrapped versions themselfs are not showing. That i find normal.

Then -
I have observed that while VST2 plug-ins have the file extension .dll, then the VST3s file extension is .vst3.

My VST2 automap wrapped plug-ins likewise have the file extension .dll, while the VST3s perhaps is'nt wrapped but only have automap files with the file extension .vst3 and the file name starting with a !. I think this means the automap is attached/ linked to the VST3.

Only my VST2 automap enabled/ wrapped plug-ins show up in my DAW showing the text automap in its name. Not my  VST3s.

Does this mean VST3 plug-ins are'nt automap wrapped but only have a automap attached to it? Perhaps.

When i load a Arturia VST3 (at least when automap enabled), then i can recall a automap. However at first i for some odd reason had to hit the "FX" and not the "INST" button on my Novation SL MKII cotroller, and then hit "View". Then the auto map opened, and i could chage the group name to INST instead of FX to get it on the controllers INST button.
I don't know what this excactly means, but would like an explanation. It look like there is automap, but perhaps without being automap wrapped. I really would like to be certain about this, if anyone could make it clear.

(Also remember that some DAWs like Studio One that i use in some cases only show either the VST3 ot the VST2 versions and not both, depending on your setup.)

I'm on Windows.

Arturia can you help out on the understanding of this? If so please do so.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:11:43 pm by LBH »

iomusik

Thanks for your reply.  On the mac I know of the plugin directory library\audio\plugins\components where I think both Logic and Automap software read to create a list and validate plugins to be available.  I took one .component plugin package file (on the mac these are kind of like zip files with files and subfolders in them) out just to see what happened and both Logic and Automap took it off their list of AU plugins available.  And when I put it back it was listed again.  So library\audio\plugins\components may be where Automap is looking for AU plugins to be able to enable/disable Automap. Automap is working great with other plugins I have,  just not the Arturia V collection.  And I'm getting the same exact issue on both of my MacBooks.  I suspect the Arturia V collection plugins may no longer be supporting Automap, I talked with Novation support and they seem to agree.

I opened up a case with Arturia, but they haven't got back to me yet.

So for now I'm learning how to create non automap templates with the beta SLMKII editor lol.  Im planning on standardizing all the common knobs/sliders for the Arturia plugins to use the same cc #s and create a midi config for each synth plugin to enable when I want to control the knobs.  I did a few already and it's working fine.  Just defeats the purpose of automap though, I certainly do miss it with these synths.

If anyone wants it when I'm finished let me know.  Maybe there's one out there already,  Ill have to look on the novation site lol..

LBH

Thanks for your info.

I'm interested to hear what Arturia say about this.

I don't find automap in my time with it ever have been mapped out well automaticly.

It look like automap as it is, has been on it's way out for years. It need to be better, and it need to be supported, so the different vendors supply useful automap mapping. But i don't know if that will be so.

Arturia and others spend lots of time and work doing speciel things to make things work with NI NKS. Automap don't need all that.

I can't see why Arturia and other vendors don't supply useful pre-mapped automaps. At least while DAWs have'nt a similar system to lay out multiple own maps automaps for full plug-ins and whatever - like i think i would prefere, as that could be a universal solution.
Studio One perhaps is on it's way with Control Link, but it need more developement to make it more visual and make it possible to have multiple maps for the same plug-in and so on.
I have suggested Novation and Presonus to work together on a system like this. Perhaps NI could be in it too, as i see the system like a combination of Novation Automap (but for DAWs), NI NKS (but for DAWs) and Presonus Control Link.
Any controller can use such a universal system for all DAWs. That's perhaps a problem? Not for us users/ customors i think.
Such a system will not require Arturia and others to do anything speciel for such a system, except providing the automation parameters for the DAWs.

For users it's a problem with any systems that need speciel controllers, and systems that may only live in a period.

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Automap wrapper plugins not showing up in Logic or Automap software setup
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 04:55:35 am »
Has there been any news on this? I updated my V3 plugins and now Automap doesn't see them. This is a problem.

shaneking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:51:37 pm »
I have had luck re-installing the 3.0xxx versions of the plugs (or 2.0xxx in the case of newer plugs) The issue seems to be related to the 3.1xxxx (or 2.1xxx) updater. But still need there to be a proper fix.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 01:59:46 pm »
Yes something has changed. I don't know if it's because of a recent Novation SL MKII OS update or because of the individual plug-ins.
I suddenly got a OS update. I could'nt use my keyboard until i updated. But i can't find any info about this, so i actually don't know, if it was a OS update or something else that caused the malfunction. EDIT: Actually i think the OS version is the same, so i don't know what happened. Perhaps it was'nt a OS update but changes in plug-ins, that was responsible for the malfunction. EDIT END

From Arturia i use VST3 versions from VC5 collection, but it's the same with for example the VST2 versions from VC4 collection.

I found that if i load a plug-in then the parameters in Automap list is gone. But if i for example press the "User" button and then press the "Instrument" button on my SL MKII controller, then the parameters suddenly is in the list like before. I'm not sure if parameters is missing in Arturias applications, like i have exsperienced with at least one other plug-in i have, but perhaps.

I think Novation and plug-in vendors like Arturia should give informations about this.

Is Arturias applications developed to use Novation Automap?
Are all parameters in Arturias applications availble in Novation Automap?
It's product informations.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:42:34 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines