March 28, 2024, 01:31:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Analog Lab notes 'sticking' in Pro Tools  (Read 7231 times)

Johnbarnesiii

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[Solved] Analog Lab notes 'sticking' in Pro Tools
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:30:32 am »
Hi guys,

I'm using Analog Lab in Pro Tools (PT 12.5 on a Mac OS 10.11.6) to write some songs. The issue I'm having is that many times I'll listen back to part of a song, when I hit stop (spacebar), the Arturia sound keep going, like its stuck or infinitely sustained. The only way I can 'fix' it is to go into the Analog Lab plugin within PT and highlight the sound again, or switch to a different sounds then back to the original sound. I'm not sure if its doing this on every sounds in Analog Lab, or if its dependent on the type of sound used, but definitely I've seen it happen with more than just one sound.

Please let me know if any of you have come across this and if so how did you resolve it? I'm assuming some setting perhaps needs to be adjusted but really not sure. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:23:33 am by Matt Arturia »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Analog Lab notes 'sticking' in Pro Tools
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 03:20:31 pm »
Hi JohnbarnesIII,

I tried to reproduce your issue, without any success, unfortunately.
In order to be on the same config as yours, i used a setup with 10.11.6 + Pro tools 12.5 and Analog LAb 2 2.0.4.1155

Could you please confirm that you have the same analog lab 2 version?
Maybe you could send us the project you're working with, in order for us to have a closer look.

Sorry for the inconvenience anyway.

Best,

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:27:11 pm »
I've had this happen before, but it was not specific to Analog Lab, Pro Tools, or any Arturia product.

I've had it happen in Sonar and in Cubase on older pc's using my old Alesis QS7 synth.

What I've found to be the likely culprit is that when you hit the space bar to stop, you're doing so after a "note-on" command, prior to a "note-off" command, so the device never gets told to end the note, thus the infinite sustain.

I think it's a midi bug in general taking into consideration that I've experienced it on so many devices.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jack@jackhayward.net

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 03:51:33 am »
I'm having this problem consistently.
Mac OS 10.12.2
PT 12.7.0
Latest version of Analog Lab 2, with "Classic Rolanj Bass" loaded.

Every time I stop playback, if a note is playing in analog lab, it sticks. Opening and closing the plugin turns the note off.

I've never had this problem with any other plug.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 01:32:47 pm »
I've had this happen before, but it was not specific to Analog Lab, Pro Tools, or any Arturia product.

I've had it happen in Sonar and in Cubase on older pc's using my old Alesis QS7 synth.

What I've found to be the likely culprit is that when you hit the space bar to stop, you're doing so after a "note-on" command, prior to a "note-off" command, so the device never gets told to end the note, thus the infinite sustain.

I think it's a midi bug in general taking into consideration that I've experienced it on so many devices.
A little late to this thread but one has to remember that not all daw software sends note off commands. Most are note on and a note duration. Stuck notes hasn't happened in Digital Performer 9.02 on OSX 10.9.5 here in any vi even the notorious NI Absynth. Used to get them in PT11.3.1; not in PT11.3.2 however.

I along with a lot of others have had stuck notes on a regular basis with Windows and Sonar system but that was due to the MIDI implementation that was part of Windows itself (Win XP at the time).
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Du0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:06:41 am »
I'm having this problem too. Pro tools 12.8 and Analog Lab 2. Notes constantly stick on after stopping a song and you have to use the panic button to stop it. I own the V Collection and it only seems to occur in Analog Lab.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:19 pm »
I'm having this problem too. Pro tools 12.8 and Analog Lab 2. Notes constantly stick on after stopping a song and you have to use the panic button to stop it. I own the V Collection and it only seems to occur in Analog Lab.

As a workaround, I've gotten into the habit of using each V app individually instantiated rather than using AL for recording.  I only use AL for live use now, or if I remember the name of a preset and don't remember which V app it was in, I'll look it up in AL just to find it, then I'll open up that app individually.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 11:13:10 am »
Hi everyone,

This is a known issue on our side and it'll be fixed on a further update of Analog Lab 2.

Best,

Matthieu

Johnbarnesiii

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 09:15:55 pm »
Hi Matt, is there a fix for this yet? If not, any idea as to when?

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:47 pm »
Hi everyone,

Today we've released the V Collection 6 and a new version of Analog Lab called Analog Lab 3. This version should fix the stuck note issue on your side. The update is free for all Analog Lab 2 owner.

Regards,

Matthieu

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines