March 28, 2024, 09:35:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Could someone point me to the GUI files so I can delete those I don't need?  (Read 2257 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
I looked in a few places .. the usual suspects .. but found no trace of the files.
I have no need for any of the files involved in scaling above 100%. Therefore I'd like to just delete them to save hard drive space.
Thanks! :)

EDIT: okay. someone over at KVR directed me to the files. I tried with the Modular to delete the 60%, 140%, and 200% folders, but that ended up resulting in a blank, grey interface. So I suppose that means editing those .xml files.
I took a look thru some, and while I could make sense of some of it, I'm not confident enough to actually try editing anything.
So! Anyone got knowledge about this, and interested in helping to figure this out?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:27:49 pm by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Trips

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I looked in a few places .. the usual suspects .. but found no trace of the files.
I have no need for any of the files involved in scaling above 100%. Therefore I'd like to just delete them to save hard drive space.

EDIT: okay. someone over at KVR directed me to the files. I tried with the Modular to delete the 60%, 140%, and 200% folders, but that ended up resulting in a blank, grey interface. So I suppose that means editing those .xml files.
I took a look thru some, and while I could make sense of some of it, I'm not confident enough to actually try editing anything.
So! Anyone got knowledge about this, and interested in helping to figure this out?

How about backing up the .xml file first, then editing the file and see where you get?

Worse case scenario is it doesn't work, you replace the original .xml file in its original location, and no damage done.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud

How about backing up the .xml file first, then editing the file and see where you get?

Worse case scenario is it doesn't work, you replace the original .xml file in its original location, and no damage done.

Yes. I tried fiddling a little bit, and got nowhere, fast.  8)
It makes sense to me, to a degree, but really I'm FAR from a programmer. I was hoping someone more familiar with .xml stuff might be able to help here. For me the trial-and-error thing would eat up all the time I'd rather spend making music.
I suppose it's not really a huge deal, as having all these graphics files I don't need isn't affecting my ability to make music .... particularly since I'm only running the demo versions right now, which makes them not all that useful for actually using in projects.
Perhaps Arturia themselves will come out with an option to reduce/remove unneeded graphics.  :)
This space left intentionally blank.

CC4

• Beta-testers
Yeah, I certainly have no need for anything over 120%.  My screen size blows.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines