April 27, 2024, 10:01:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reason 2.5 and Storm  (Read 7923 times)

slatterm

Reason 2.5 and Storm
« on: April 05, 2004, 05:18:47 am »
Driven by the fact that Morpheus was untameable, and a desire to get a more professional sound I decided to check out reason 2.5.

It was almost overwhelming to get started, but I have to say in my opinion the end results are really much more professional. I would go so far as to say that storm is entry level and Reason is way beyond that.

I am now trying to use both (via rewire) to see if I can keep using what I like in storm with the new I have found in reason. If any good comes of it, I will post it to the gallery via MP3.

Have any people here experimented with reason yet ????? or done what I plan to do?

dg soul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Reason 2.5 and Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 04:02:57 am »
i just bought storm today in america. i've been tinkering with it for a few hours. i think it may be one of the best bits of software that i will use in my studio and my music. it has so far a very inviting air about it. i must admit that since getting in this forum after buying, i am a little disapointed that it seems a lot of you are leaving or not really using this excellent program. i for one always try not to buy what everyone else is using 'cause then i look at and hear everything starting to sound the same. don't get me wrong reason 2.5 is great but it has it's flaws too. so really the choice is yours. follow the crowd or march to the beat of your own drum. i choose the latter. i thought that was what music was all about anyway. originality.

Didz@dron

Reason 2.5 and Storm
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 09:09:44 am »
I have to say in my opinion the end results are really much more professional. I would go so far as to say that storm is entry level and Reason is way beyond that.

Reason is a great program for sure but its sound engine is not that good. What does "professional" mean ? Everything depends on the way you use the prog , not on the prog itself.
Storm isn't an entry level software ! It's a kinda concept : "How to make a music creation tool affordable and easy to use for all of us ?"
When I listen to JM Blanchet's tunes, I can just say that Storm rocks the house  :wink:
As for using both progs via rewire, that's a good idea ...  

Hey, Dg soul, don't be disappointed, you won't regret your buying Storm  :D
d(*O*)b

Didz@dron

Reason 2.5 and Storm
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:11:25 am »
Debug mode  :evil:
d(*O*)b

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines