April 28, 2024, 09:48:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: max velocity calibration?  (Read 728 times)

Matej Baric

max velocity calibration?
« on: May 08, 2023, 09:59:32 am »
Hello,
I have a problem with velocity on the MkII 88 - already at playing somewhere near a good mezzoforte/forte the keyboard is outputting velocity 127. This is NOT about velocity scaling that could be configured in the control center. The only way to partially remedy the problem is set max velocity in control center to cca 90 in order to prevent triggering fff samples when playing only mf/f. This is a bad workaround though as I lose dynamics in higher velocities. The same issue applies to all keys globally.
Is this something that could be calibrated in hardware?
Thanks and regards,
Matej

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: max velocity calibration?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 10:23:37 am »
I don't think it could be adjusted by hardware.
How is this not about velocity scaling? Seems to be exactly about velocity scaling. Presumably you have tried adjusting the curve, either of the keyboard itself or within whatever VST you are playing?
I only have the M1 KL88, and I find I have to pelt the keys with a lump-hammer to get even nearly close to 127. Looks like Arturia changed it maybe too much the other way for some people's tastes.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Matej Baric

Re: max velocity calibration?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 02:13:27 pm »
Yeah, technically it is about velocity scaling but out of users' control. To me it also sounds like they have done it in firmware. I didn't get any useful reply from Arturia apart of telling me to contact my distributor. I feel like I would maybe send the keyboard to distributor, they will send it to Arturia, they will say there's nothing wrong and I would be without any keyboard for a month without any useful solution... Really want to avoid this kind of scenario...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines