April 28, 2024, 08:36:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 mkii Pads 8-16, pitch bend and mod wheels not working  (Read 266 times)

Dorian88

Hello,

I recently purchased a Keylab 49 mkii and besides the fact that setup in Ableton is not simple nor clearly laid out in the documentation, I was able to get the controller to partially work, but I have the following issues:

1. Only pads 1-7 seem to send any midi data. All of the pads light up on startup, but only 1-7 send any midi data when viewing through the MCC console. They are all on channel 10.
2. Pitch bend and mod wheels do not work at all - though using the software interface (eg. Analog V) I am able to effect those controls.

I have flashed the firmware to 1.3.1.1492 and did a factory reset and I'm running Ableton 11.2.11 on Windows 10  Pro 21H2.

Also, I was surprised and disappointed to see that the Arturia mapping for Live presumes you want to use the pads for recording, and the faders and knobs for mixing. I purchased this to use those controls to control drums and instruments and it seems I would have to reprogram all the controls to a user defined preset.  I would have thought that Arturia would have at least provided 2 or 3 options for Live mappings out of the box - disappointing.  In addition, I've read that I would need to edit the Userconfiguration.txt file to affect the changes.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines