March 29, 2024, 08:53:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature request: Global PB range for V-Collection/Analog Lab/Pigments  (Read 741 times)

Vaultnaemsae

• Apprentice
One user's 2 cents:

I don't know where else I could possibly post this...If anybody at Arturia is possibly listening/reading, the option for a global pitch bend range for the instruments in the V-Collection/Analog Lab/Pigments would be very helpful.

Also, implementing a PB range setting to the instruments that don't already have it would be a welcome if not entirely authentic addition. V-Collection's SEM and Matrix-12 instruments come to mind.

I don't know about other users but I spend so much time adjusting Arturia VSTs pitch bend range to match the guitar synth module I use (+/-12 semitones fixed) that it's giving me RSI. It ends up becoming the difference between deciding to use Arturia VSTs or other tools. Does anybody else think this would be a very useful inclusion?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Feature request: Global PB range for V-Collection/Analog Lab/Pigments
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 03:52:52 pm »
I think the dilemma is there is an equal expectation for functions like pitch-bend (and modulation) to work as per the original hardware, and because there was (is) no standard, you get potentially-different outcomes from each synth even when you feed it the exact same midi messages. This is one of the side-effects of packaging emulations of 20-odd real synths into one 'wrapper' (Analog Lab), when in real life they all worked differently and we accepted that.

Maybe Arturia could include it as an on/off toggle somewhere.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Vaultnaemsae

• Apprentice
Re: Feature request: Global PB range for V-Collection/Analog Lab/Pigments
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 04:41:04 am »
I think the dilemma is there is an equal expectation for functions like pitch-bend (and modulation) to work as per the original hardware, and because there was (is) no standard, you get potentially-different outcomes from each synth even when you feed it the exact same midi messages. This is one of the side-effects of packaging emulations of 20-odd real synths into one 'wrapper' (Analog Lab), when in real life they all worked differently and we accepted that.

Maybe Arturia could include it as an on/off toggle somewhere.

Sure, I see your point. IIRC, Arturia added PB range to the MS-20-V in the settings menu which is well out of the way for those who don't want or have to deal with it. I'm quite sure the original HW synth didn't have an adjustable PB range (please correct me if I'm wrong). An implementation like that would be very useful.

As it stands, you can alter PB range response via the modulation matrices of the synths that I mentioned in the OP but it is far from being a fast or intuitive process.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines