April 28, 2024, 06:15:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cannot get velocity curve to change  (Read 648 times)

jjm_335

Cannot get velocity curve to change
« on: March 07, 2023, 04:21:33 pm »
I feel like this should be a simple thing, but I cannot figure out how to get the keyboard to respond to changed velocity curves.  The presets LIN, EXP, LOG, don't seem to have any effect, or if they do I cannot sense them.  I've tried the global custom settings in the MIDI control center app, but nothing happens.

What am I missing here?  I've read several old threads in which people have had similar issues, but no matter what I do nothing happens.

Thanks

jjm_335

Re: Cannot get velocity curve to change
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 09:06:59 pm »
OK, I think I figured it out.  First, you have to create a template in the MIDI Control Center that assigns the Global velocity curve to the keyboard.  Then you have to store this template in the Keylab.  Until you do this, none of the global settings you adjust will have any affect on the velocity.  Once the preset has been transferred to the Keylab, it seems that the Global settings take affect across all the user presets.

I don't get this at all, but it worked for me.  Mostly, I don't understand why this process is not made clear in the Arturia manuals, nor anywhere else that I could find in the FAQ, forums, etc.  Did I just totally miss this?  I noticed several posts here by other users who had a similar issue, and that some of these users were returning their keyboards because they could not get this to work.  It would seem advisable to Arturia to clear this up somewhere.

johnrittweger

Re: Cannot get velocity curve to change
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 05:42:42 pm »
jjm_335 - I have the same issue with trying to change global velocity. Once you store this template with custom settings will you be able to feel the new settings?

Can you make adjustments to the velocity settings and hear/feel these changes before saving or do you have to save first and hope that it is the correct adjustment?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines