April 29, 2024, 09:51:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASIO4ALL driver troubles in Collection 9  (Read 916 times)

Urbi357

ASIO4ALL driver troubles in Collection 9
« on: November 30, 2022, 10:48:54 am »
Hi, I just purchased Collection 9, new mic and try to make things work with Vocoder plugin. After some while of searching web, I found that I need to install ASIO4ALL drivers. I did it. But when started Collection and changed in MIDI settings to ASIO, I've got error - asio4all does not support 8000 as a sample rate, than i searched web for another hour and find out, that if I turn off Bluetooth on my laptop, it will work. Great, now Collection let me choose ASIO driver without error but anyways no sound from speakers and not possible to choose mic AND NO wireless bluetooth mouse...

Well I expected, that this professional software will work at the first try and not that I will have to spend hours on internet finding shady ways with 3rd party software to make it work.

Please have anyone solved this problem yet? Thank you for any clue how to make it work. Turning Bluetooth OFF and buy wired mouse is not an acceptable solution for me.

I'm using Lenovo Windows 11 laptop with integrated Realtek sound card and usb mic.

Have a good day everyone:)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 11:17:41 am by Urbi357 »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: ASIO4ALL driver troubles in Collection 9
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 12:56:13 pm »
Your problems are literally the reason I dumped Windows in 2011. Having to install third-party drivers in 2022 like ASIO4ALL in 2022 is ridiculous. But that said, there are other PC users here who do not have issues, so hopefully they can chime-in and help.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

Re: ASIO4ALL driver troubles in Collection 9
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 02:33:34 pm »
Hello,

This has nothing to do with Windows. You are noth having to use ASIO4ALL if you have a proper audio interface that have it's own drivers. It's a matter of having inputs exposed for the application.
According to this https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110284.0#msg192990 it's apparantly also not easy to use a MAC this way with a USB mic.
Please don't make everything about MAC vs Windows. It has nothing to do with that, even if MAC have CoreAudio.
Standard Windows  Realtek soundcards is not good for things like this. They don't expose inputs. That's where ASIO4ALL come in. Otherwise Windows audio work fine today.
It's no problem to install a driver. But it might be a problem for some to use ASIO4ALL like using any other application.

----------------------

Like i wrote in the other thread:
It's often a struggle to use USB mics for music production.

But according to this FAQ: https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414446756626-Vocoder-V-How-to-setup-a-USB-Microphone-as-audio-input- , then it should be possible with Vocoder V, if you follow the instructions in the the FAQ, and your setup and usage situation allow it.

I'm using Windows. I use a USB audio interface and a proper mic. Easy to use. so i don't use ASIO4ALL or USB mic. 

Otherwise you can ask Arturia support. I only know, what i can read in FAQ,

BTW:  In ASIO4ALL control panel you shall select inputs and outputs.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 03:24:42 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines