March 29, 2024, 02:45:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Question about updating non-Collection plugins  (Read 773 times)

Avorand

• Apprentice
Question about updating non-Collection plugins
« on: October 10, 2022, 11:10:21 am »
Hi, I'm looking forward to buying Mini V second-hand. The seller has already unregistered and uninstalled this plugin so he can't tell what version it is.

My question is, are the installers of the plugins that are registered outside of the V Collection automatically the latest version or is there a chance that I might end up with Mini V 1 or 2 instead of Mini V 3?

LBH

Re: Question about updating non-Collection plugins
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 12:11:50 pm »
Hi,

If it's a Mini V1, then you can only update to the latest mini V1.
The same with Mini V2.
You need a Mini V3 to get the latest version. If it's not a Mini V3 and wan't that, then you will have to pay for an upgrade. Only Mini V3 have Arturias powerful preset browser.
I would be careful. I think it's strange if a seller can't remember or find out which version it is. It should be easy.

Avorand

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 01:03:28 pm »
Thanks LBH, for clearing that up. That's what I think too. I'll definitely be twice as careful now.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 01:48:17 pm »
To sum-up what LBH has correctly said, you will basically get the latest 'dot' version of whatever VST the seller bought.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 03:59:50 pm »
Your welcome.

In case - It's possible to upgrade to a Mini V3, but i don't know the upgrade price. That you have to ask Arturia support.

Avorand

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 06:14:08 pm »
If I remember right it's 49€ for any Arturia synth as "special offer", no matter what the previous version is. The one I intended to buy second-hand is 25€, but since it's probably V1, I'd pay 75€ minimum to get to V3. There are a few actual V3 offers for around 50€ on Knobcloud, may be I'll grab one of these.

@MajorFubar Thanks for the summary. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines