April 29, 2024, 12:28:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Selling My KeyLab61- Helping the Eventual Buyer?  (Read 1207 times)

rbashley

• Apprentice
Selling My KeyLab61- Helping the Eventual Buyer?
« on: May 27, 2022, 08:28:08 pm »
As much as I love my KeyLab61 mkII, I'm going to let it go. My interests have turned to gaining competence with piano technique, entailing the need for graded hammer action, and 88-keys, with ease of portability, internal sounds, and some basic midi functionality and so forth.  I'll probably end up with a mini controller to satisfy my DAW-related interests.

I'm going to try to sell the KeyLab privately on Kijiji (Canada's Craig List).  I''ll leave it hooked up to my computer and studio monitors so any prospective buyer can demo it, try out every knob, key, and pad to see for him/herself that everything works perfectly.

My question is: How can help the eventual buyer?  Is there anything I can, or should do, with licenses or registration or anything else to help?  When I bought this controller it came bundled with Analog Lab, which I love and Piano V. Since then I've got Pigments 3 and various Arturia VST plug-ins.  Now I do not want to violate any intellectural property policies or legal constraints, but wondering if the buyer can somehow avail themselves to any easier access to Arturia's eco-system of offerings.

Or, is the buyer up the creek with such things? I suppose, if nothing else, I can at least let a prospective buyer know I tried.

Thanks for any input on this.  Appreciate feedback.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
Re: Selling My KeyLab61- Helping the Eventual Buyer?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 09:17:00 am »
Hi, not quite sure what you're asking but it's really easy to transfer any of Arturia's products (probably the easiest of all developers/manufacturers!).

With the KeyLab Mk2, Analog Lab & Piano V are tied to the controller, so on the website if you go through the license transfer process a serial number & activation code will be emailed to you (& displayed on screen, worth taking a screenshot just in case!). Give these to the new buyer & they will be able to register the KeyLab as if it was new & get Analog Lab & Piano V too.

As for Pigments etc., separate products. If you want to include Pigments as part of the deal, just transfer that too (it will be a different serial number & activation code).

The new user will need to set up an Arturia account anyway.

HTH...

rbashley

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 09:34:33 pm »
Thanks for the tips, @flyjat76.  The process steps you describe seem reasonably straightforward.

I'll gave give more thought to whether I want to let go of Analog Lab and Piano V with the KeyLab61 mkII controller.  When you say these two programs are tied to the hardware controller, do you mean to say I don't really have any choice? Or is there a code locked in the guts of KeyLab which opens access to the software bundle, and once the hardware goes (with the code), so does the software?

So, for example, I'm thinking getting the Roland A-88 mkII controller.   Am I good to continue using Analog Lab and Piano V?  Or I will have sacrificed the software with hardware sale?

Appreciate the advice.

bob

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 05:55:01 pm »
Yep, KeyLab Mk2 serial & activation is for the bundled software - all one thing. If you keep the software then the buyer will never be able to see the KeyLab on his account (& hence not benefit from crossgrade discounts etc.).

Some buyers may be happy with that of course but it will significantly lower the asking price.

TBH you're better off transferring it all & picking up Analog Lab in a sale or license transfer (e.g. KVR, Knobcloud etc.).

rbashley

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 09:32:13 pm »
Thanks for clarification @flyjat76.  I'm in a soft market to begin with (Prince Edward Island, Canada), so I'll probably have to let the controller go a low price, with or without software transferring.  I really like Analog Lab V, but I'll follow you tip and see what I can get it for buying it again. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines