April 29, 2024, 02:02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Synclavier V/Keylab 61  (Read 1196 times)

normhart2022

• Apprentice
Synclavier V/Keylab 61
« on: January 31, 2022, 04:27:37 am »
I recently upgraded from a Keylab 49 mk2 to a 61. I have V Collection 8 and all synths work well except for Synclavier V. I see midi coming in but no audio except for the test tone. All my audio settings look fine and are identical to those on other synths that work fine. Even playing the onscreen keyboard produces no audio so it’s definitely something in the software I’m missing. When I open Synclavier via Analog Lab V, it works just fine. It’s only when opening as a standalone that no audio is produced. As I said earlier, all audio settings look ok. What am I missing?
Thanks.

LBH

Re: Synclavier V/Keylab 61
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 05:49:10 pm »
Hi,

If your settings is like your other applications that work, then you can check the volume. Otherwise try to reinstall Synclavier V.

EDIT: BTW: Another time, then please keep in mind, that the software have it's own forums. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 07:01:44 pm by LBH »

normhart2022

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:26:04 am »
Checked the volume -still nothing. I’ll try reinstalling next but it’s weird that it works when opening the full registered SC V. Is there another volume control I’m overlooking besides the one on the SC panel?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 03:15:29 pm »
It should work out of the box, just like your other applications.
it’s weird that it works when opening the full registered SC V.
What excactly do you mean by "Full Registered"?
In your first post you said it worked in Analog Lab V. The individual Synclavier V is the full application.

normhart2022

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 01:16:14 am »
It’s exactly as I said. When I open SC V in Analog Lab as a full application via edit mode/open, it opens the fully registered version of SC which works perfectly. Opening SC as a standalone produces zero audio unlike all other standalones.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 02:45:19 am »
Synclavier V standalone is also full registered is'nt it? So no you are not being clear.

Analog Lab and Synclavier V is two different applications, that each have it's own settings. Perhaps even Synclavier V work as a plugin in a DAW, but you have'nt told about it. So lets focus on Synclavier V and also forget about Analog Lab.

I think it's weird, that you apparantly still have'nt tried to reinstall Synclavier V like i suggested, and you said you would.
It's not hard to reinstall. Through Arturia Software Center (ASC) you can clean Synclavier Vs preferences and reinstall it just by a few mouse clicks. I suggest you do both. It will take less time, than i allready have spend to respond to your posts.

And if you after this still have issues, then please post a screenshot of your audio and midi settings in Synclavier V standalone.
Also please name a factory preset, that don't give sound.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:59:19 am by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 01:59:57 pm »
In the standalone app are you able to confirm what you have selected as the midi input and audio output?
EDIT: also make sure you haven't changed your Keylab's default midi channel from channel 1, which some users do even by accident.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:33:16 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

normhart2022

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 12:54:57 am »
In the standalone app are you able to confirm what you have selected as the midi input and audio output?
EDIT: also make sure you haven't changed your Keylab's default midi channel from channel 1, which some users do even by accident.

Yes, the selected midi input and audio output are identical to other instruments that work fine. The test tone plays as well and I see a normal midi connection (onscreen keyboard animates). I should add also that SC worked fine when I had the Keylab 49 so I’ve changed nothing apart from switching it to my 61.

normhart2022

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 12:56:39 am »
Synclavier V standalone is also full registered is'nt it? So no you are not being clear.

Analog Lab and Synclavier V is two different applications, that each have it's own settings. Perhaps even Synclavier V work as a plugin in a DAW, but you have'nt told about it. So lets focus on Synclavier V and also forget about Analog Lab.

I think it's weird, that you apparantly still have'nt tried to reinstall Synclavier V like i suggested, and you said you would.
It's not hard to reinstall. Through Arturia Software Center (ASC) you can clean Synclavier Vs preferences and reinstall it just by a few mouse clicks. I suggest you do both. It will take less time, than i allready have spend to respond to your posts.

And if you after this still have issues, then please post a screenshot of your audio and midi settings in Synclavier V standalone.
Also please name a factory preset, that don't give sound.

Thanks, I appreciate your taking time to help. I will try all your suggestions and post my results.

normhart2022

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 11:41:58 pm »
Started it up the other day to try some suggestions and oddly enough, the problem went away -all by itself and now has audio. I’m wondering if it was just certain patches that I accidentally changed in some way. SC loaded with a different patch initially than the one that was selected when I first had the problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines