April 28, 2024, 08:43:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Velocity sensitivity bad on single key  (Read 903 times)

mattstache

Velocity sensitivity bad on single key
« on: January 10, 2022, 03:27:55 pm »
I purchased the 88-key MK2 when it first came out, and recently noticed that the G above middle-C no longer responds to velocity. It's full velocity regardless of how hard or soft I strike it.

I'm guessing this is a hardware issue rather than a software issue. Is it possibly just a dirty contact or something worse? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Ethan_R

Re: Velocity sensitivity bad on single key
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 11:54:07 pm »
I have this exact issue going on with my Keylab 88 mkII but with my A key (2 notes left of middle C). I have had it for little over a year now and I just opened a ticket with their support and I will be sure to update you here when I get a for sure fix.

I tested on my regular studio PC and a macbook using ableton, garageband, and I opened Piano v2 without a DAW and the issue persists with all Software/Hardware changes. Firmware is all updated to the most recent and I was still having this issue before the firmware update (Just updated yesterday) and I am pretty sure its going to end up being a hardware defect but if you haven't already, I highly recommend opening a ticket so they are aware of the issue as well. They have been sending me suggestions like using your thumb to push the key down and back towards you to pop the key out and readjust it by pushing it back in but it didn't help in my case. (Maybe it will for you so its worth a shot)

Ill keep you updated. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone!  :')

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 01:56:22 pm »
Firmware updates/resets/anything you can think of in that area, won't fix it.

These issues are always caused by the circuitboard under the keybed needing to be cleaned.
A fortnight ago I gave the same advice to someone with the same issue on his Mk1, and he fixed it:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108542.0
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

rsr

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 01:28:07 pm »
I have two Keylab 88 Mkii controllers and both exhibit the same issue from new: whilst the weighted keyboard is even to the touch, the velocity response from isolated keys is unpredictable and impossible to control. Even with the latest firmware installed, none of the latest velocity curves resolve this issue. One off the keyboards has just been returned to the UK distributor for repair under warranty. The other will follow if it is possible to resolve the issue... It is impossible for me to overstate how disappointed I am with such an expensive product...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines