April 28, 2024, 09:32:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Selecting "Multi" In Analog Lab 4 crashes Reaper  (Read 1898 times)

bcab17

• Apprentice
Selecting "Multi" In Analog Lab 4 crashes Reaper
« on: December 21, 2021, 08:55:29 am »
Keylab MKII, Windows 10.

When in Analog Lab mode on the keyboard, I can use the select buttons below the faders to switch between the different categories (Piano, Pad, etc.) without a problem. However, every time I either press the ninth/last select button labeled "Multi", an hour glass icon pops up for a second or two, and then Reaper crashes...every time. The same thing happens if I click the "Multi" category button in the Analog Lab 4 plug-in. I'm only using the default settings, and there are no other plug-ins on the track...there are no other tracks or plugins at all.

Has anyone experienced anything like this...with any DAW? What do I try next? Do I uninstall Analog Lab 4 and reinstall it? Do the same for Reaper? It's frustrating because Reaper is exceptionally stable...it never crashes...well, accept once, caused by a bad third party plug-in.

I just went back and tried Analog Lab 5, and although it does not appear to have a "Multi" category button in the plug-in, the "Multi" button on the keyboard brought up several "Multi" presets. AND it did not Crash Reaper. Then I tried Analog Lab 4 again...and selecting the "Multi" category crashed Reaper again. Of course, just my luck that I prefer the layout and functionality of Analog Lab 4 over 5. So, I guess I'll start using Analog Lab 5, but I'd still like to solve the problem.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Selecting "Multi" In Analog Lab 4 crashes Reaper
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 09:08:10 am »
No I haven't is the short answer.

What happens if you use AL4 in standalone mode?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Aramaram

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 11:09:01 am »
I have the same problem. No idea how to do

Krys

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 07:13:51 pm »
In answer to the OP - while it does not crash the entire DAW selecting "MULTI" in Bitwig Studio crashes the plugin.

JaxStraw

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 10:01:11 pm »
Mine crashes in stand-alone with lab 4 multi filter and in DAW it just gives an error when clicking the multi filter and cannot use any multi-instrument

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines