April 28, 2024, 09:16:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Had to exchange My KeyLab 49 MK II with a replacement. How to I manage licenses?  (Read 912 times)

KAI

Recently purchased the KeyLab 49 MKII (which is the best controller I've ever owned) and because of shipping damage, had to be replaced by the retailer with a replacement of the same.

I have already licensed the first controller using ASC and purchased some crossgrade software with it: V Collection and FX Collection 2.  Additionally, Analog Lab, Ableton Lite and Piano V came bundled with it...which I'd like to retain.

Should I unlicense the first keyboard, then license the new one using ASC to make sure all software and hardware licenses are sync'd? Or does it not work this way? Looking for the proper way to license in a scenario where the entire controller has to be replaced.

bcab17

• Apprentice
Recently purchased the KeyLab 49 MKII (which is the best controller I've ever owned) and because of shipping damage, had to be replaced by the retailer with a replacement of the same.

I have already licensed the first controller using ASC and purchased some crossgrade software with it: V Collection and FX Collection 2.  Additionally, Analog Lab, Ableton Lite and Piano V came bundled with it...which I'd like to retain.

Should I unlicense the first keyboard, then license the new one using ASC to make sure all software and hardware licenses are sync'd? Or does it not work this way? Looking for the proper way to license in a scenario where the entire controller has to be replaced.

Sorry I don't have an answer. I am following this because I have a related issue about upgrading from a 49 to a 61 and how to handle software licenses after the keyboard upgrade.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Technically you should un-register and re-register.
If Arturia repair your broken controller and re-sell it, the new owner will take your licences, because likely they will not issue it with a new serial number.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines