March 28, 2024, 09:39:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Program duplication on import - it lives!  (Read 4531 times)

MarkP

• Apprentice
Program duplication on import - it lives!
« on: December 08, 2021, 05:56:26 am »
It was a known problem from the beginning that imported programs often appeared to be duplicated within banks. I thought that this would be fixed in the latest software update, but it appears not.

LBH

Re: Program duplication on import - it lives!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 08:23:11 pm »
Hi,

I don't see SQ-80 V create duplicates by it self, when importing sysex.

Can you give an example, when and how it happens?  - What excact procedure do you follow?
Is the preset name and bank name the excact same for the original and the duplicate preset?

MarkP

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 11:58:30 pm »
The exact procedure is simply selecting import from the menu, and thereby creating a new bank. Let's say you import a standard bank of 40 programs. Open the bank soon afterwards and you'll be informed that there are 80 programs in there. The listing reveals two of each. Click favourite for one program, and you'll see a heart appear against both copies of it. Delete one copy, and both copies will disappear.

It doesn't happen with every import, but it isn't rare. It has occurred on and off ever since the product was released.

The workaround is to exit SQ80 V, delete the file db.db3, then reopen SQ 80 V.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 12:14:19 am »
The workaround is to exit SQ80 V, delete the file db.db3, then reopen SQ 80 V.
For such an issue this is'nt a work around. It's the solution as it was a damaged database. I would have suggested that, with the answer you now provided.
But it could have been something else, so i asked first. Good you got it solved.

C_Huelsbeck

• Apprentice
    • http://www.huelsbeck.com
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 04:10:27 am »
Yes, still happens in latest update... not at import, but as soon as you rename the imported bank, the presets are double again... ;)

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 06:57:43 pm »
Yes, still happens in latest update... not at import, but as soon as you rename the imported bank, the presets are double again... ;)
Hi,

What can happen at import is one thing. This is another.

I've also had issues afterwards with the database. Perhaps the update have corrupted the database. I hope Arturia will have a look at this, as it seems like the something is damaged too easyli.

Have you tried to remove the db.db3 file in the preset folder and then start an application to let the database rebuild?

C_Huelsbeck

• Apprentice
    • http://www.huelsbeck.com
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 11:15:24 pm »
Hi,

I've also had issues afterwards with the database. Perhaps the update have corrupted the database. I hope Arturia will have a look at this, as it seems like the something is damaged too easyli.

Have you tried to remove the db.db3 file in the preset folder and then start an application to let the database rebuild?

You think that deleting the database will help? Will it destroy all the patches I've done already?

LBH

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 12:02:24 am »
Hi,

You think that deleting the database will help? Will it destroy all the patches I've done already?
I think it very well will work. That's my guess it will. Otherwise it's a more serious issue, that you'll have to report to Arturia support. But unless they know of an issue, then they probably also will ask you to try to delete the database file quite fast, unless they have found another solution.

You will not delete your presets, if you only delete the database file. The database file does'nt contain the actual presets. When you open an application, then a new database file will/ should be build.
But - anything can allways go wrong, even if it should'nt. So it's allways a good idea to make at least one backup - especially of your own personal files and creations no matter what it is. It's also a way to feel more secure, when you do things, that you have'nt tried before. So i suggest you make a backup to secure your work - and does it everytime you have stuff, that you don't want to risk to loose.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines