March 28, 2024, 12:30:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Custom Wave Presets  (Read 4712 times)

RossoRacer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Custom Wave Presets
« on: December 20, 2019, 05:10:27 pm »
A way to share/Import for all users...
'Climb aboard the shopping trolley of chaos'

LBH

Re: Custom Wave Presets
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 05:49:55 pm »
I've found out, that internal application user presets like this is stored in the individual applications Ressources folder.
For CZ V the user waveform presets is in the folder phasedistortion/ User.

For me it's possible to copy the file to another computer and share that way. I simply place the file in the correct folder.

I'm on Windows. I assume it's similar for an Apple OS computer.
I assume the file extention is the same no matter the OS, so it's possible to share those files to everyone.

RossoRacer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 12:02:41 pm »
Very interesting! I shall have a look and report back...👍🏻

RossoRacer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:24:07 pm »
You are indeed correct. I found my custom wave presets for CZ V here...

Library/Arturia/CZ V/resources/phasedistortion/User

...they end with .pdlist on my Mac Mini.

I'm guessing users should be able to share theirs in these forums by attaching them to posts using 'Attachments and other options'?!

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 02:57:14 pm »
Great.

...they end with .pdlist on my Mac Mini.
If you mean .pdist (i assume you do), then it's the same format as in windows, and then exchangeable i guess.

The path on Windows for this files is: C/ProgramData/Arturia/CZ V/resources/phasedistortion/User
Windows need to be enabled to show hidden folders to find this.

Cheers

RossoRacer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:20 pm »
Yep, it's .pdist  8)

gentleclockdivider

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 04:51:56 pm »
I might as well post it here .

The way the custom phase distortion interpolates between the phasor breakpoints is completely wrong
Proof is in the pudding , a simple sine to saw (first shape ) requires the movement of just one beakpoint but even that can't be achieved in the custom shape.
I tbehaves correctly when you manualy drag a point , but once it interpolates it does not behave as it should
See picture , the yellow BASE line reads the cosine in a straight line , no phase disortion going   , the blue line is the TARGET , expected behaviour of the dcw is indicated by the red line , it should move across the X-axis

Instead it moves the (invisible)  breakpoint on the blue line down across the Y-axis   indicated by the white arrow , this is not how it's supposed to be and does not sound remotely similar to the othewise excellent emulation

If it would be correct , the custom shape would be able to replicate the build in algoritm saw into sine , which it can't
 I made a giff
This is how phase distortion on a cosine actually looks like , result  sine turns into saw
The green line represents the phase accumulator (range 0-1)
The green breakpoint  is where the phasor is distorted ,everything at the left of the breakpoint represents 1pi rad ( 2 quarters of a cosine ) , at the right of the breakpoint also 1 pi rad( again 2 quarters of a cosine)  , together 2pi rad =cos. 
Result is skewed cosine , skewing it hard enough gives you a saw wave
This is exactly how the cz does it and so does the arturia with the build in algoritms , except the custom wave
The breakpoint should remain at all times at level 0.5 , on the custom  cz shape it does not

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines