March 28, 2024, 10:40:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Add MIDI channeled pitchbend for joystick X, Y  (Read 2429 times)

cslevine

• Apprentice
Add MIDI channeled pitchbend for joystick X, Y
« on: December 07, 2019, 04:03:27 pm »
the pitchbend is the ONLY MIDI controller wich sends on 12 bits instead of 8.
if it is possible to select Pitchbend for ONE MIDI controller , so that for ONE joystick axis,
then, it is stolen by 1 axis.
But MIDI contains 16 channels, and Arturia synths are monotimbral and never use MIDI channels.
This should be good th have the MIDI channel implemented, so that could use, for example
pitchbend channel 1 for joystick axis X
pitchbend channel 2 for joystick axis Y
pitchbend channel 11 for, i.e. frequency osc 1
pitchbend channel 12 for, i.e. frequency osc 2
pitchbend channel 13 for, i.e. frequency osc 3
or any choosen by user.

so that Synthi A will gain the total behavior and live performance of the real AKS box.

LBH

Re: Add MIDI channeled pitchbend for joystick X, Y
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 11:03:47 pm »
Arturia synths are monotimbral and never use MIDI channels.
Some of Arturias synths are multitimbral in one way or another. And midi channels is'nt just used for multitimbral instruments. Some users in example use different midi channels in a live setup to trigger different loaded instruments. I think it's a mess to have certain behaviors tied to a certain midi channel.

Why not just have this suggestions: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=96568.0#msg161364 ?
The suggestions in the above linked thread should make all your wishes for control possible. Except perhaps you need to be able to select if the pitch bender and modwheel should control the x or y axis of the joystick. And you does'nt have to change midi channels to get a certain behavior.

cslevine

• Apprentice
Re: Add MIDI channeled pitchbend for joystick X, Y
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 12:56:23 pm »
" Except perhaps you need to be able to select if the pitch bender and modwheel should control the x or y axis "

precisely :
- pitchbend weel uses 12 bit resolution 0-2047
- All other MIDI coontrollers as mod weel, uses 8 bit resolution 0-127

and, for Synthi AKS, x AND y axis should have less steps possible, so that the only way IS to adress different MIDI channels for the PITCHBEND WEEL. So that be able to really sequence the movments of AKS joystick. + others fines controls as the 3 frequencies oscillators commands.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines