April 28, 2024, 10:07:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Creating the Pink Floyd Sound  (Read 6610 times)

Metmess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Creating the Pink Floyd Sound
« on: May 02, 2005, 01:02:49 am »
Hello, those anybody have advice when it comes to re-creating some of the effects from the Pink Floyd.

Im intrested in effects made on Dark side of the moon(Any coloure you like), Which you were here(Shine on you crazy dimond horn like intro & String Backgroud layer), Animals(Dogs, Sheep).

If anybody can contribute their knowledge to creating this presents i will be very thankful for that!

thanks on advance,

Oscar...

omissis

Creating the Pink Floyd Sound
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 09:52:59 am »
Ok
Was it really necessary to post 4 identical msgs in 4 different places? I guess a single one on the "Free Speech" corner would have ended up with replies from other people as well  most of the time they do read all messages in every corner ( so do I  !!! )

Coming to Pink Floyd....you came into the wrong place...check EMS for you can purchase a VCS3 ( PF's main synthesizer at the time of DSOTM ) at the convenient price of 4500 Euros!!! :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

I'm kidding of course, those sounds you are looking for are very simple sounds to make with any 2VCOs synthesizer

Any color...: 2 sawtooth one tuned 1 octave upper, spread-open VCF, squared envelope (A=0,D=0, S=max,R=0) , portamento on and pretty slow, outboard DELAY  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

Shine....: 2 sawtooth same tune ( with little pitch modulation from one LFO ), VCF at 1/3 range (A= fast, D=same as A, S=max, R=same as A)  ,VCA : A= not too fast, D=0, S=max, R=fast )

Served :wink: !
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines