April 30, 2024, 10:08:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polyphonic Aftertouch not recordet in Sequence! - Video  (Read 1198 times)

Belinskyy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Polyphonic Aftertouch not recordet in Sequence! - Video
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:00:10 pm »
Hey Guy's & Girls

Thanks for having me here.

Bevore i talk about my Problem i need to say that I own a Beatstep Pro, and this litte Controller is just amazing! Well done!

Today i tumbled over the first Problem with it, wich im pretty sure isn't my fault ;)
When i record a secquenze with polyphonic Aftertouch, id doesnt record that into the seqence! I made a Video to explain it better:

Could someone test if its the case with "all" Beatsteps, and if so maybe adress it to the devolopers?

Thanks alot

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Polyphonic Aftertouch not recordet in Sequence! - Video
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:38:49 am »
The BSP doesn't actually record aftertouch, it's a performance thing only.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Belinskyy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:30:03 pm »
Huuh, what a sad bummer... can i pull a feature request for this somewhere? Would male sequences much more „alive“

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:56:17 am »
You can ask, but I dunno how much more they can squeeze out of the box, it really is so much more than the simple looping step-sequencer I bought in 2015.  I remember when I first realised there was no AT recording, I too was a little disappointed.  But I thought about that and I remembered AT is really a performance element and I should look at some way to modulate the cutoff frequency level (it's always cutoff freq that AT seems to affect, that or amp level unless you can freely assign AT destination).
Using a Pulse at the time, so I set the third envelope to retrigger and set some rather long attack and decay times then had the BSP use slide gates to imitate the legato play required to retrigger the Pulse.  You could also use an LFO with random shape and linked to the BPM to achieve some interesting animation.
Another idea is to route velocity to something the same destination the AT is sent to.  You lose your dynamic touch in doing this, but velocity isn't too important with basslines (in my mind at least).
By all means make a feature request, but don't turn blue holding your breath and get creative in the face of adversity!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines