March 28, 2024, 09:06:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Lag (Portamento)  (Read 3299 times)

dr88keys

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using Lag (Portamento)
« on: August 30, 2018, 03:54:31 pm »
I am trying to get the Lag to work as portamento.  The sound specifically I am trying to recreate is the synth in Styx Renegade at the end of the guitar solo.  It sounds like a polyphonic glide to a C and then to a D.  I read that Styx used Oberheims so I was guessing this would be the keyboard to try it on.  Any advice?  Thanks in Advance!

LBH

Re: Using Lag (Portamento)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 06:22:52 pm »
An important thing to do is to go to "Page 2" and
1. Check "LAG" for the VCO(s) you wan't to use portamento
2. Uncheck "KEYBOARD". If you keep this checked you get a glissando effect where you hear the stepping between notes.

Keep "KEYB"  as trigger for the Lag generator.

Keep in mind that the Lag functions also depend on the playmode you use for your sound.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:25:08 pm by LBH »

dr88keys

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 05:21:34 pm »
Thanks will give it a try.

1Composer

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 12:47:17 pm »
I am trying to get the Lag to work as portamento.  The sound specifically I am trying to recreate is the synth in Styx Renegade at the end of the guitar solo.  It sounds like a polyphonic glide to a C and then to a D.  I read that Styx used Oberheims so I was guessing this would be the keyboard to try it on.  Any advice?  Thanks in Advance!

Sounds to me like he's simply pitchbending a chord.  That's how I would go about that sound.

Elton John did the same thing at the end of the guitar bridge on Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting.  Go to 2:44 in the song and listen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines