September 20, 2024, 04:20:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What's it all about... Alfie (60's song reference)  (Read 544 times)

gphantom

What's it all about... Alfie (60's song reference)
« on: January 29, 2018, 03:52:37 pm »
Ok, so I have the Keylab Essential 49 and I have the MCC software and I've used it several times.  I haven't experimented because there's so many options, so little time.

Alright, here's an example:  I click on a drum pad and at the bottom, I see MODE: Midi Note.  Other options include: Switched Control, Patch Change, MMC
Another item is Option: Gate.  The other option in "Option" is Toggle.
Now, I can figure out "Channel" and "Note:C1" as well as "Color" but, what are those other options such as "Switched Control", "Patch Change", "MMC", "Gate", "Toggle"

The other programmable item is the fader, which gives me the option to choose: Fader and Drawbar -  I assume Drawbar would be for instruments like the Hammond B-3 organ but, how to they operate any differently?

Now, I'd love to look these things up in the manual but, they aren't in the manual.
Granted, the manual is written by people who know what everything is and it's easy to overlook things that novices would like or need to know. So, can we update the manual to include these specific items?  A description of each option, item and examples as to how they are used?

Mucho Gratias, Merci Beaucoup, Dunka, Thank you etc.
Phil

spiffo

Re: What's it all about... Alfie (60's song reference)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »
You're right, they aren't explained in the manual, I've just managed to work out what 'Control Toggle' is all about if that helps?

I was trying to map the 8 Switches to Toggle the 2 Position Toggle Switches in a Software Synth, a fairly obvious thing to do I thought, push Switch 1 and the little Software Toggle Switch goes one way, push Switch 1 again and it goes back, how hard can that be :-(

After much gnashing of teeth this is how I got it to work:

1 Push Switch 1 on the MCC Display, not on the Keylab itself that doesn't work, go figure.
2 From the drop down options at the bottom select 'Control Toggle' and pick a CC number to use.
3 Now when you push the switch it toggles between two levels somewhere in the 0-127 range, but it seems random, 22 and 102, 25 and 110, what's going on?
4 Swap from 'Control Toggle' to 'Control' and set the Min to 0 and the Max to 127
5 Swap back to 'Control Toggle', now when you press Switch 1 it toggles between 0 and 127, it took half an hour to figure that one out :-(
6 Now go into you're Soft Synth and do the MIDI Learn Stuff, should work fine now.

The next thing I need to work out is how to operate a 'Three' position Software Toggle Switch, I'm working on it :-(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines