April 27, 2024, 05:25:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using BSP as a midi interface to connect my computer to a device (Volca FM)  (Read 1982 times)

estellaballet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hey lovelies,

I'm trying to use my BSP as an intermediary to send data from my Mac Pro (using Dexed within Logic X) to my Volca FM. I saw someone on a Reddit thread that they are using the BSP as a midi interface to get this info to the Volca FM via Midi Channel 1. Any luck with this, or idea on how best to achieve this? I've tried the most obvious setup—plugging the BSP into my computer via USB and my Volca FM to the Midi out of the BSP—but to no success.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
BSP doesn't do MIDI THRU so it won't work as a USB MIDI interface.  It passes messages on the channels you have set for the sequencers but not any others.  If you have your Volga FM on a channel that the BSP is not using, you won't be able to address it from anything sitting before the BSP, whether it's via the MIDI in socket or USB.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines