May 01, 2024, 03:37:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: frustration  (Read 12260 times)

simon james

frustration
« on: March 24, 2005, 09:57:51 am »
I purchased the Mg Modular software when it was first released and was immediately impressed with the sound and functionality. As a big fan of Mg synths I couldn't wait to get stuck in programming it.

It worked fine for a while and then it started to crash immediately after loading. No error message or anything, just shut down. Arturia were pretty helpfull in sorting this out but it did take quite a while to get to the bottom of the problem.

One day I sat down to create a patch and came up with a killer sound that I wanted to save. I clicked save and tried to name the patch but it wouldn't allow me to do it. Not only would it not allow me to name the patch I had just spent half an hour creating, it then crashed. Very frustrating.

It was around this time that Version 2 was in beta mode and the guys at Arturia were kind enought to allow me to download it as this would fix my problems. I was so excited to get the new modules and very impressed with the new software. I installed it and it seemed to be ok.

But it wasn't. Without warning the standalone and host versions just crash, losing all the hard work you have done. I tried to stick at it but it is so annoying to create a sound and then just lose it. it got to the point where I just couldn;t be bothered to load up MMV anymore. What a waste of £180!

This was a couple of months ago and the other day i thought I would have another go at playing with MMV. I re-installed it on my laptop and it seemed to work ok, no crashes. i created some great sounds that I was excited to transfer onto my desktop machine and use within Pro Tools - this is where the fun starts.

Ok, no probs importing the sounds into my desktop version. I then configure MMV within Pro Tools. I am excited and inspired by my new sounds and can't wait record them into Pro Tools. I start recording and play for a few seconds and then everything freezes and crashes. Damn how annoying. I reload and try again - start recording and then play for a few seconds and bang, it crashes again. This continues for an hour, by which time my inpsiration has completely gone.

It is such a shame that this inspirational synth just kills inspiration with its bugs and unpredictability.

I use many other software within pro tools including reaktor and reason. Both of which use a lot of CPU. I never have any problems with these.

Please Arturia make your software more stable so i can be bothered to use it. otherwise I might as well have my money back.

I saw with excitement that you have just released the ARP 2600. Another of my dream synths. But soon after the the excitement I was reminded that whilst it probablyh sounds great, it is probably filled with the same frustrating bugs that hamper MMV.

simon james

thracks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
frustration
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:12:58 am »
Maybe you could list your system specs? I have not had a crash of MMV ever, version 1 or 2. I use it on a Mac G4 dual 800 as an AU in DP 4.5. I don't know if I can help, but you never know.
G5 Dual 2.3
OS 10.4.8
Digital Performer 5.11
Live 6.05
MMV 2.0
ARP 2600V
2408 MK3/MK1 PCI 424

FabP

frustration
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:14:43 am »
Most of ARTURIA synth users never experienced these problems.
Could you please tell us what is your exact configuration ?

If you love the ARP, try to download the demo version first.

I hope we'll succeed to fix your problems quickly.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

sfbluesbreaker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Constant crashes on G5 dual 2.5 Ghz 1.5G RAM
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 07:19:05 am »
I have exactly the same problem as described above with constant crashing and also sticking midi notes (doesn't happen with other soft synths) which require me to reboot my system.  My system is very powerful - dual G5, 2.5Ghz w/ 1.5G RAM.  I am running protools 6.9 and Mac OSX 10.3.8.  I am only running very small sessions with only 1 arturia Mg modular V running.  I have re-installed my operating system, protools, and arturia MMV, and still I get these problems.  Any suggestions?

westinbrad

frustration
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 04:41:09 pm »
I'm having the exact same problem as sfbluesbreaker. Does any one know why it's doing this?

Wes

behrenbeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
frustration
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »
Hi!

Have you tried MMV with savihost?
I have crackeling sound with the standalone MMV.
Using it with savihost or
Orion Platinum or Cubase SX3
i never had problems.
You can download savihost at www.kvr-vst.com
It is a "mini" host for VSt instruments.
with savihost you can directly play VST instruments that have no
standalove version.

Good luck,
Werner
Have a nice day [night]
Werner Behrenbeck

max cooper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
frustration
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 02:54:49 pm »
I use MM in Pro Tools, and I recommend using the host plugin preset memory over the MM's internal memory to save patches.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines