March 28, 2024, 12:48:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute with a Midi Keyboard Which Has More Key Than 25  (Read 8079 times)

Apache0636

Minibrute with a Midi Keyboard Which Has More Key Than 25
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:43:13 pm »
Hello everyone. Sometimes i want to play chords or solos that required more key than 25 but i want Minibrute's effects too. Can i plug a cheap midi keyboard to my Minibrute without a DAW ? I mean just Minibrute and a keyboard. Is that possible ?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Minibrute with a Midi Keyboard Which Has More Key Than 25
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:42:14 am »
Absolutely.  Set your MIDI keyboard to the same MIDI channel as the MiniBrute and you're in business.  Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI out of the controller keyboard to the MIDI in of the MiniBrute.  If you're not sure which channel the MiniBrute is on you can use the MiniBrute Brute Control software to check, or if you can't do that for some reason, once the two are connected via the MIDI cable, set the controller to MIDI channel 1 and play a note.  If the MiniBrute doesn't respond change the controller's channel to 2 and play a note.  Keep doing that until the MiniBrute responds and take note of which channel the MiniBrute is on (so you don't forget).
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Apache0636

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 07:18:51 pm »
So any keyboard suggestions ? I'm kinda rookie in the keyboard stuffs. Thank you btw

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:36:24 am »
Go to your local instrument shop and have a play with what they have on display.  That way you can feel the difference, if any between the more popular brands.
I own a couple of Novation controllers which I like, but then I hear good stuff about the Arturia controllers too.   The thing to remember though about using an external controller with the MiniBrute is you still need to use the knobs and sliders on it, so good idea to mount the MiniBrute above the controller keyboard so it you can still reach it while playing.  Still look at getting a controller knobs and sliders so you can control other equipment that does have MIDI parameter control.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Nolecafi

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 07:16:53 am »
I like the fact that I want to have good information.

DarSwanSwede

• Apprentice
  • Hi this is SNO King,
    • snöking.com
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 11:27:16 pm »
So any keyboard suggestions ? I'm kinda rookie in the keyboard stuffs. Thank you btw

So.......Apache0636, I've been waiting 3 long excruciating years to find out the end of this episode..... Give it up! Which keyboard DID YOU BUY??? lol I am looking for a controller that has the exact same soft buttery expressive keys as my MiniBrute Rev1. Was it the big Laboratory models? MK1 or 2,Anyone.... Anybody.... help a musician out brothers and sisters.

SNO King...
Kelly Swanson aka, snö king

http://www.snöking.com

Bashirian

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 07:28:05 am »
Go to your local instrument shop and have a play with what they have on display.  That way you can feel the difference, if any between the more popular brands.
I own a couple of Novation controllers which I like, but then I hear good stuff about the Arturia controllers too.   The thing to remember though about using an external controller with the MiniBrute is you still need to use the knobs and sliders on it, so good idea to mount the MiniBrute above the controller keyboard so it you can still reach it while playing.  Still look at getting a controller knobs and sliders so you can control other equipment that does have MIDI parameter control.

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

KrogerFeed

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines