April 29, 2024, 05:54:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Monitor MIDI Thru while in Play Mode  (Read 1628 times)

syrupcore

Monitor MIDI Thru while in Play Mode
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:55:22 pm »
I have a Keystep plugged into the MIDI Input on the BeatStep Pro. Works great for recording notes and transposing sequences. The problem is I can't play the synth attached to the BSP unless the BSP is recording or the BSP sequencer is stopped.

Is there a setting to enable me to hear notes I'm playing on the attached synth while the BSP is running? I want to noodle around with notes until I find something I like (in context with the other running sequences) and then go into Record on the BSP to capture it. Do I just have stuff mis-configured?

Part of what's making me wonder/hope that I'm just missing something is that the MIDI Transpose Channel setting in the MCC app doesn't seem to make any difference. That is, if the KStep is on channel 8, the input channel for SEQ 2 is channel 8 and the Transpose Channel in the MCC is channel 5, the keystep will still happily transpose the sequence (while on channel 8). It almost seems as though this transpose channel is a setting so that what I'm aiming to do will work (provided the keyboard connected to the MIDI in _isn't_ set to the transpose channel).

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Monitor MIDI Thru while in Play Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:43:56 am »
Hi "syrupcore"
You just need to mute the corresponding sequencer on BSP to monitor what you are playing on the KeyStep.

Best,
Y.

syrupcore

Re: Monitor MIDI Thru while in Play Mode
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:41:29 am »
Great. Thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines