March 28, 2024, 10:53:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update the manuals so they are at least correct.  (Read 2510 times)

jeffbart

Update the manuals so they are at least correct.
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:56:13 am »
Many of the manuals have outdated info, features, images, references etc that are just plain wrong, or no longer applicable.
I know it's not critical and that the apps themselves take priority.... but as a commercial software vendor your manuals' inconsistencies might expose you to misleading business practice claims - "the manual says it should do this, but it does not, I want a refund" .

A decent tech writer could vastly improve your current manuals. A small investment would pay off big time.

cheers From a Happy Arturia User, but frustrated customer.

--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Update the manuals so they are at least correct.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:11:23 am »
+1

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:55:53 am »
+100!

drdog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:37:46 pm »
I must admit...
I personally am VERY IMPRESSED with whoever wrote these manuals for the V collection 5 !!!!!!!!
My pet peeve in life is terrible documentation.  I am often involved in tech writing.  SO, my KUDOS go out to whoever wrote these manuals...I like the friendly approach and explanations.
However, I do agree that a certain few changes need to be made (updates to maybe some photos or features)...but all else is remarkable. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkkjohn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 07:39:04 am »
Many of the manuals have outdated info, features, images, references etc that are just plain wrong, or no longer applicable.

Agreed!  The manuals dwell on the quality of your synth engine, and loading and saving presets, etc.  If someone has never used the original synth,  your manuals do not give enough info, as they don't explanation what all the controls do.

Right now, I am trying to understand, on the Moog Modular multimode filter module, the exact function of the little menus on the lower right that select K1-4 and S1-4.

John Melcher

LBH

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:01 pm »
Right now, I am trying to understand, on the Moog Modular multimode filter module, the exact function of the little menus on the lower right that select K1-4 and S1-4.
If you need help for this, then you can start a new thread.

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 11:26:51 pm »
+1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines