April 29, 2024, 02:48:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Short proof-of-concept mix  (Read 3748 times)

marinedalek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Short proof-of-concept mix
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:47:03 am »
I must confess I'm a fan of the classic BBC science fiction series "Doctor Who", so most of my CS-80V exploits are to do with that show, and this is a small 30 second test mix of the title music that I've done entirely on the CS-80V apart from a noise and halo sample at the beginning and a few chorus effects. The bassline was MIDI sequenced, but the melody sections were played "live".
I think it's a good example of the versatility of the CS-80V, and it's real life counterpart the CS-80.
clicky!

Please post any thoughts you may have (praise/criticism)[/url]

omissis

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 10:57:48 am »
Very nice example although it lacks some bass frequencies  :roll: , I remember I read somewhere  that the maker of 1980version of Dr.Who Theme did a special treatment on bass track  to make it the closest to the bassline in the original theme....anyway a really good effort!! :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

marinedalek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 04:13:39 am »
To prove I don't just do 'Who music, here's a test I did of an arrangement of "Mad World" by Tears for Fears. The drum beat is sampled from the original but all the other instruments are products of the CS-80V, with some chorus and reverb thrown in for good measure.
Clicky!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines