April 29, 2024, 02:49:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to rename a preset?  (Read 3639 times)

F5D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to rename a preset?
« on: February 03, 2017, 11:01:48 pm »
Just a simple question, how to edit the name of a preset sound? I cannot find information about this in the manual. The E-ink display seems to display names for the factory presets. How to give names to your own sounds using the synth panel? I hope this is not limited to using the computer software only. All basic functions of the synth should be able to operate from the synth without computer and USB. If not possible with the latest firmware, please consider implementing a way to edit the preset name in a future firmware. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:38:10 pm by F5D »

khidr

• Music is everything
Re: How to rename a preset?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »
Hi,

As far as i'm aware presets can be only renamed in the Midi control center by selecting them and then change the name in the info box on the bottom left.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

F5D

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to rename a preset?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:58 pm »
That seems to be the case. I connected the USB cable for updating the firmware and have it now connected all the time to allow renaming of the sounds. Works for now, but still consider it only as a workaround. I wish a future firmware update will give possibility to rename sounds also from the synth. I started a thread of this in the feature requests.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines