April 28, 2024, 09:45:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem triggering Volva Beats via Beatstep Pads  (Read 1621 times)

Vanity606

Problem triggering Volva Beats via Beatstep Pads
« on: January 28, 2017, 12:47:14 pm »
Hey there, just wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I have set my Volca to midi channel 10. I have assigned pads 1, 2 , 3 etc to the appropraite notes that I found online for volca. C2, d2 etc

And my problem is that the only thing the beatstep will do is start/stop the volca and sync it's tempo. I cannot get one pad to trigger.

Help appreciated

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Problem triggering Volva Beats via Beatstep Pads
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:29:41 am »
Weird, I have a Volca Beats I use with my BSP, but I don't actually sequence it with the BSP.  Double checking the "manual" (read as: quick start guide) I didn't find anything I had forgotten what may disable MIDI control.  My only thought is the BSP drum channel.  I know this is an obvious setting, just you didn't mention which channel it's set to.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Problem triggering Volva Beats via Beatstep Pads
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:17 am »
I've double-checked that my Volca Beats is responding to notes send and it's doing that fine.  About the only issue is that the open hi-hat is set to the same note as the half-closed hi-hat on my RY-30, so patterns written for the more common hi-hat mappings are missing open hats if piped to the VBeats.

Reminded me that MIDI standards are not standards if everyone makes up their own.  Is it so hard for everyone to just put open and closed hi-hats on the same notes.  I know that a 'studio' kit will have half-closed, but for the love of Roger, how about make this big-arse drum map that includes all the fancy instruments and variation on them in it?  Like instead of putting a bunch of the simple forms next to each other, put all the forms next to each other.  Have all the various positions of hi-hat adjacent on the note numbers.  Same with snare(a), snare(b) and rimshot.  Really I should go join the MIDI org forums and put this rant up there, as they are currently trying to reinvigorate the MIDI world....
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines