March 28, 2024, 11:15:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARP2600 Midi sequencer constantly in random mode!  (Read 6722 times)

Amalgamoth

ARP2600 Midi sequencer constantly in random mode!
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:03:12 pm »
I'm working in Logic Pro X and want to use a particular sequence. I've set the desired tempo and in ARP2600 I've set the switch 'MIDI SYNC' to on. So far so good, the sequencer now plays in sync with the tempo in my DAW. Nice. However, the starting point of the sequence is different every time I start the track from the beginning. How can I make sure that the sequencer will start at the same spot of the sequence, and not at some random point?

Another issue is that it's impossible to maintain the continuity of a sequence when playing in real-time, no matter how precisely timed my playing (the emphasis on certain notes is shifting constantly, which is something I really don't want). This happens in the DAW as well as in stand-alone mode.

LBH

Re: ARP2600 Midi sequencer constantly in random mode!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:17:18 pm »
I'm working in Logic Pro X and want to use a particular sequence. I've set the desired tempo and in ARP2600 I've set the switch 'MIDI SYNC' to on. So far so good, the sequencer now plays in sync with the tempo in my DAW. Nice. However, the starting point of the sequence is different every time I start the track from the beginning. How can I make sure that the sequencer will start at the same spot of the sequence, and not at some random point?

Another issue is that it's impossible to maintain the continuity of a sequence when playing in real-time, no matter how precisely timed my playing (the emphasis on certain notes is shifting constantly, which is something I really don't want). This happens in the DAW as well as in stand-alone mode.

We are talking about ARP 2600 V2?

It's unfortunately not yet possible to reset the sequencer or to set a specific sequencer step number using automation parameter. The automation parameters unfortunately aren't there to do this.
And the sequencer don't start, stop  or able to be set to reset when the DAW is being started and stopped, even if it would be a nice option to have.

At the moment i guess you can do two things.
1. Reset the sequencer manually by using a mouse to press the big white sequencer RESET button
2. Having the sequencer RESET triggered so it reset on a key on, and then use HOLD if you don't wan't the sequencer to be reset at each key press.

I don't think i understand your issue with Emphasis/ Resonance. Do you have some kind of random or none synced modulation going on?
Can you explain this more clearly?

LBH

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:10:09 am »
Perhaps i should add, that you as a third option also can create a audio track with your sequence, if your work situation allow this option. This makes certain it's the same all the time no matter where you start and stop.

Also i can add, that in ARP 2600 V3 the 3 big white sequencer buttons don't work, when i use then as plug-ins. I have posted in V3 forum about this.

Amalgamoth

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:19:44 pm »
I don't think i understand your issue with Emphasis/ Resonance. Do you have some kind of random or none synced modulation going on?
Can you explain this more clearly?

It has nothing to do with Resonance. With emphasis I meant that the character of a sequence is different when a note is placed at a different time signature. It's maybe difficult to understand without hearing what I am referring to, but one can compare it to writing a sentence with an emphasis on different words. For instance:

I wish you would that differently,
I wish you would do that differently,
I wish you would to that differently.

So, something like this happens when I play a sequence in real-time. The context of the sequence is changing the whole time, which makes it frustrating to play.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 03:36:46 pm »
I understand your use of emphasis now.

Do you mean the same step 1-16 on the sequencer behave differently?
If so, then the only thing i can think of now, is that you have some kind of a unsynced modulation going on somewhere like the LFO or Tracking generator. Keep in mind that that even if you can MIDI sync the tempo of those, then unfortunately the phase can't de set to reset, and therefor they act like random mudulation. But this will be the same no matter the tempo/ Time signature you have (unless you by chance hit a sync you wan't).
You can to some extend make some controled synced modulation using the sequencers Gate buses as modulation sources.

I need to see the preset parameters to be able to perhaps see what's going on. A screenshot might help then.

Happy New Year
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:44:52 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines