April 29, 2024, 01:09:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drumbrute few issues.  (Read 5873 times)

as furnias

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Drumbrute few issues.
« on: November 22, 2016, 10:37:08 pm »
Hi,
First sorry for my english :)

Yesterday finally arrived my Drumbrute and I've found a few problems.

1- The Tap Tempo LED works bad, blinks 3x times the real BPM, is not the end of the world.... but it's not correct. I've upgraded to Firmware v1.1... still the same.

2- This is more important: the Kick 2 seems work bad. I explain: if i put two kicks in a row (ie steps [1] & [2] ) in "Kick 1" the the second step has the "preference" (cuts the decay of the first kick and makes a second "full lenght kick"), but in the Kick 2 the preference is on the first kick (step [1] sounds full lenght, but in the middle sounds only the impact or attack of the second one) and makes a really weird and bad sound.

Im attaching a few pictures and sound records to explain better ... if my Drumbrute is OK, and the Kick 2 works like this.... is a really BIG FAIL

Does anybode know if this 2 problems are a Hardware issues only in my unit or known bugs??

Thanks all!!

Kick 1

Kick 2

Mp3
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/szLiT5jp/file.html
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/nbj1b7Jn/file.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:47:23 pm by as furnias »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Drumbrute few issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »
Hi,
First the tap tempo is set to 3 beats but this can be changed to 2 3 or 4 in the mcc device setting when the DB is connected.
See screen shot.

As to the kicks you are right that as its an analogue ciruit the kick decay will be cutoff by the next kick. kick 1 and 2 work fine on my machine here.  are you able to upload a sound file here of kick 2.
UPDATE NOTE: I have seen what you mean if you use lower pitched kicks .I'm awaiting a reply from arturia.
regards

Terrym
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:24:23 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

as furnias

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 01:01:53 am »
Thanks for the answer terrym :)

you can see at the pictures, in my unit the second kick donīt cutoff the first one (using the Kick2) independently wich pitch or decay, but you can hear with some combinations more or less, but do the same.
If your unit donīt do that... is my machine issue.

About the Tap Tempo I got it and will try ^_^`

You can hear Kick-2 example here:
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/nbj1b7Jn/file.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:00:53 am by as furnias »

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:07:01 am »
Hi as furnias,

Tap tempo : try to change your metronome setting (hold metro button and press one of the time division to select metro time div, cf manual for more detailed informations).
Kick 2 : it's analog, so sound will sum and in low frequencies, depending on the tempo it may result in cancelling (due to sum signals out of phase).

Hope it helps

as furnias

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:47:44 pm »
Hi,

thanks Valentin and Terrym. The Tap Tempo works perfect now. The problem was the Metronome quantize, i change it at the midi center to 1/4 (was in 1/16 i donīt know why).

But the Kick 2 problem still there. I listen my Kick 2 sound with quality headphones, making all the pitch & decay posible convinations, and always do that. I understand you, Valentin, but i think in this case is not a phase problem, because ALWAYS sounds like a "click" the second kick. Sometimes more hard, sometimes less but clear, but in ALL the pitch&decay convinations.

Do you have one Drumbrute in front of you? itīs easy to check

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 10:57:17 pm by as furnias »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »
Hey guys, a little explanation about this behaviour.

The Drumbrute's Kick 2 uses a resonant filter technology to generate the sound.

A trigger signal is sent into the filter and starts the oscillation.

The duration of the self-oscillation is defined by the Decay control.

When that instrument generates two kicks in a very short period, the sound of the second kick is sometimes not the same as the first one.

This is simply because the second kick is mixed with the first kick decay:

When both are in phase, it accentuates the sound of the second hit.
When they are out of phase, it attenuates the sound of the second hit.

Kick 2 is strongly inspired by a classic kick drum design. Consequently these particularities are inherent to that analog circuit.

Subtile changes on the Pitch parameter or on the BPM can alleviate/delete this effect.
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines