March 28, 2024, 12:52:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible to convert Community Preset Banks to the new V5 format? if so, how?  (Read 7898 times)

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, I've read that. I follow each step. On my PC, the converted presets just don't appear in V5.

LBH

Then perhaps you should contact Arturia support.
I assume both your VC4 and VC5 are licensed and activated.

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, they are. I'l try again and then contact Arturia if it won't work.

LBH

Just to test i'be tried to convert some presets. I have not tested the presets, but afterwards the presets eas in my VC5 application.

Are the presets you try to conver protected by eLicenser? If so they need to be unlocked first.

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I don't know. How can I check if my presets are protected by Elicenser? And if so, how can I unlock them?

LBH

If the presets is slow to change in the old applications, then they might be eLicenser protected.

However - thinking about it (And checked) then there is'nt a decoder for CS80 V2 in ProgramData like for example for Jupiter 8, so in case your presets are protected, then you may need to hear if Arturia can unlock them for you.

Also please read the text in the converter. There is some informations.

EDIT: Both your VC4 and VC5 are activated thru Arturia Software Center (ASC)?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:47:05 pm by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, they are activated in ASC. I opened eLicenser and my Arturia applications aren't listed there. Besides, I've just tried to convert Jupiter-8 presets and they don't appear in V5 app either. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that some of my program files and folders are protected by administrator rights? Sometimes while copying files etc. I have to click "run as administrator" or click "continue" (I use Windows 10). Maybe this protects the Arturia preset changes?

LBH

I also use Windows 10.

eLicensed protected presets will not show up in your eLicenser.

I can't tell how you run your PC system, or you have speciel rights for some of your folders etc..

Sometimes when copying certain files you have to click run as administrator even if you are on a administrator account. But it should not be needed to be able to copy presets unless perhaps if there are some speciel coding in there. Perhaps that could be eLicenser or even things thats no good. Off coarse if the presets are in a folder with speciel rights you may have to run as administrator.

Have you tried to save a user preset your self and convert that. Create a preset not using a preset from the web.

Edit. Have you scan your presets from the web for virus and malware?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:12:59 pm by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, I created 2 new presets in Jupiter-8 and they were detected by the Preset Updater, I converted them but they don't show up in the newest Jup-8, there are still 493 presets. I guess I'll have to contact Arturia :(
I wonder what would happen if I installed V5 applications on the second HD disk.

LBH

Usually it's a good idea to install on the default path if you are not a exsperienced user. If you have not used the default paths to install the applications, then that might be your issue. But i can't tell.
Usually you can change the install paths for the plug-ins as long as you don't move them afterwards.

I presume you have not selected any Banks, or have new banks.
It work here with Jupiter 8 too.

EDIT: BTW. Have you opened in the standalone application before in the plug-in? It should'nt matter for Arturia applications, it don't here, but just in case.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:34:41 pm by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Nothing seems to work. I don't use standalone versions, but I opened it now and there are no converted presets either. I installed it all to default paths so it's not the issue. Or maybe it is an issue on my computer. I have no ideas anymore.

LBH

No. I have no more ideas. I'm afraid this is a mystery. Never the less Arturia perhasp can help you. Perhaps some kind of uninstall and reinstall of the converter and alike can fix it. Perhaps more. I can imagine it's possible, but i think files in the hidden folder ProgramData might have to be moved as well before a re-install. You can try to re-install the converter.
I think i can only wish you good luck from here.

Just in case. You have to enable Windows for seing hidden files and folders. You can find instrunctions on the web to do this if needed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:51:36 pm by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yes, I think I'll try reinstalling the converter and then the applications with moving the hidden files first. I'll try contacting Arturia. Maybe someone will have a similar problem and post a solution here. Anyway, thank you very much for all your advice! You were very patient and helpful :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines