April 28, 2024, 05:25:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some ideas for a future release of MMV  (Read 9742 times)

gilben-742

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://bgilon.free.fr/
Some ideas for a future release of MMV
« on: February 14, 2005, 01:51:50 pm »
Hi,

It would be very helpful to have distinct presets for sequencer setting, keyboard tracking and sound design within presets.

The point is that, currently, you cannot have the melody or timbre evolving sequences in one place, independantly of the sound design stage.
If you load one preset then, the current seqence setting would be overwritten while you are only interested in retrieving the sound design from the loaded preset and keep the sequence as it was originally and you then have to rebuild your sequence from scratch. The same is true for the keyboard setting.

By the way, I assume that the preset file format currently is binary (ie. non human readable). It would be very useful to have a XML based format for presets so that sequences could be exchanged between, well the A2600V and the MMV for instance, by the end user using a text editor without relying on some proprietary software, should it exist.

Thank you for reading,
Benoît

behrenbeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 09:34:20 pm »
Hi!

It would be fine if i could enter values for the "knobs" in a window. the display is very small and it is hard to enter the propper value with the mouse.
Have a nice day [night]
Werner Behrenbeck

behrenbeck

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Color Spot on the potentiometers (Knobs)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 08:32:04 pm »
Hi there!

It is very hard to see where the "hot spot" of a knob is.
a colored spot would be enough so i think.
Should not be a very big amopunt of work.
Have a nice day [night]
Werner Behrenbeck

popcorn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
try a hardware controller
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:06:08 pm »
hi
try a hardware controller its well worth the money i use a evolution uc-33e and then you dont have to worry about where the knobs are just use your ears and its much easier as we used to on the original old anolgue machines the lines and marks were only giudes

Rob:-)

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 01:57:58 am »
V2.0 is great and Arturia were great for giving it free to registered users however I’d like to see these features on the next version to make a great piece of software just that bit greater.

Modulation input for VCA panning; ok you can use an LFO to modulate VCA1 and VCA2 when panned hard left/right but its very tricky to set up and a simple mod input would make life a lot easier.

Modulation input for envelope parameters; maybe just have a variable mod amount on each stage of the ADSR for either velocity and/or keytrack on a special selectable envelope module.  

Switchable exponential response curves for the X/Y mod joystick; this would open up the possibility of a pseudo vector style synthesis.

Sequencer step on/off buttons to be controlled by MIDI CC#; this would expand the MgV’s functionality for live improvised use X10. Maybe have the step ‘off’ trigger when the knob is set to ‘0’ like on the Doepfer MAQ 16/4.

Improved VCF modulation; the filters fine when using regular slow modulators like an envelope of LFO but when using a high frequency VCO things can often fail. Not a major issue by any means but it would make the software more like the hardware.

A random patch feature; I little risky but works a treat on my Warldorf Pulse and sometimes brings up something unusual on my FM7.

A 3D holographic interface; erm…ok not quite yet eh. ;-)

I use mainly a Doepfer Drehbank for my MgV (great with sequencer) but for some strange reason certain CC# won’t respond. I know it’s not the software cos it will respond to the same CC# on my Regalwerk. Weird  :? I'd really like to try it with a touch screen monitor tho.  8)
Have a good time all the time. ;-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines